Re: Hostel 2 Movie Details

Bijou Phillps was in Venom.. Yea I'm not impressed but honestly I wasn't impressed with Jay Hernandez being cast either.. luckily for us it turned out great.. I sort of wish we could have Cerina Vincent in this film.. Would have been nice if Roth worked with her again.

I never saw Venom.  I'm not sure I really want.  Haha yeah, Cerina Vincent is a definate horror hottie.

Yea Venom actually wasnt' THAT bad.. I mean it was respectable for a slasher flick.. The Weinsteins really fucked it over and gave it zero publicity and released it in only 500 theatres..

I'll have to give it a chance.  Reading over the plot it sort of seems a little bit typical but with a killer by the name of "Mr. Jangles" you cant go wrong.

Am actually looking forward to it. smile

Last edited by ShahRuFio (2006-09-12 09:31:42)

I have a friend who visited Eli a few months ago, and he told me that Roth has post its and storyboards and all kinds of notes taped all over the walls of his house. Sounds like he's really hustlin to make that release date happen. Personally, I loved the first Hostel and can't wait for the second.

With Eli Roth being one of my favorite directors and Hostel being one of my favorite horror films, then I think you can guess how excited I am for this one.

Yea well I hear they aren't going to make the release date.. It was just a date they threw out there to provide some incentive or something.. But with Eli it shouldn't be to long until the film is ready..

Hostel 2, heh heh can't wait to get the ins and outs of the organization

From what I hear, he is very very dedicated.  I'd be surprised if he passes the release date by a lil.

Oh wow Hostel 2. I dont really understand the hype about the first one, basically the first one was crap. I dont really understand why they would say it is so terrifying, its gory! i've seen some pretty gross and Hostelwasn't that gory. I want a movie that will make me look away in disgust or watch in amusment. But dont get me wrong i liked the movie but y all the hype?

Last edited by Dark Abyss (2006-09-17 17:25:00)

I think it was because Hostel was an original and very creative film.  If you look back at all the remakes that have been done, its quite pathetic due to lack of creativity and originality.  When a new horror film maker comes into the industry bringing fresh material to the scene its worth all the hype.  I have high hopes for Hostel 2 and am excited to explore deeper into the organization known as "The Elite Hunting".

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-17 18:23:19)

Yea Hostel was a nice, well written, and original story. It was a nice slow burn and you could tell that the director had invested alot of time into the film. I think something that helps the film extremely and something that Eli Roth takes very seriously is the score. It doesn't get much praise but I think it set the mood for the movie perfectly..

hostel was a great film my only problem was with all the hype from the folks making the movie of "oh my god its so graphic". Because it was not.

I was impressed with the score and music in Cabin Fever as well.  Nathan Barr does a lot of horror films and they set the mood perfectly in movies like Cabin Fever, Hostel, and 2001 Maniacs.

Hostel was a bit dissapointing for me. The best part of it was Miike attempting to say a couple words in English.

I thought it was fucking awesome that Miike flew in just to do a small cameo for Eli Roth's film.

Yea I know.. How kick ass is that? Plus Miike doesn't speak a word of english so he had to phonetically pronounce everything.. He must have really liked the script to fly in out of nowhere to do the movie. Miike makes like 6 movies a year.

I think a good exploitation film is enough to catch Takashi Miike's interest.  In my mind, he is the master at makin' those kinds of films.

I really didnt get into hostel that much. I thought the trailer for the first one was so RIDICULOUS! "from the brilliant minds that brought you kill bill and cabin fever". i don t know, any trailer that starts with that and the movie is such a let down, i have no desire to see the second one. If i wanna see boobies ill watch cinemax. i hate that hollywood thinks just because they throw naked chix in a flick its ahorror movie...same reason i think that Zombies, Zombies, Zombies is goona suck ass.

But just my opinion

Last edited by redroses (2006-09-23 20:43:35)

The main reason i didn't go to see Hostel is because i knew it was going to be an exploitation flick. I'm sure the gore was great, but without a solid plot and character development(I make an exception when it comes to certain slasher films.NOEM,friday the 13th, etc etc) I just can't sit through a movie without pointing out it's flaws. I might watch it when they start showing it on HBO or some other movie channel.

redroses wrote:

I really didnt get into hostel that much. I thought the trailer for the first one was so RIDICULOUS! "from the brilliant minds that brought you kill bill and cabin fever". i don t know, any trailer that starts with that and the movie is such a let down, i have no desire to see the second one. If i wanna see boobies ill watch cinemax. i hate that hollywood thinks just because they throw naked chix in a flick its ahorror movie...same reason i think that Zombies, Zombies, Zombies is goona suck ass.

But just my opinion

Well let me explain something to you.. Don't blame the movie especially this one without knowing the facts.. First of all this is not by any means a "Hollywood" movie. Eli Roth got his own funding went to Slovakia and shot the movie. Then he screened it at the TIFF and got distribution that way.. Not Hollywood..

Secondly, the whole advertising for the movie is not something that a director sits down on and says "hey I got a great idea lets put 'from the minds of'". That is all the marketing department of Lionsgate. Any kind of marketing machine nowadays does that if they can.

Leon, if the reason you are not seeing this movie is because you don't think there is any character development or a strong story you really have to watch this movie. Its all there.. This is really a slow burn film with the first half totally setting up the second. The story is pretty solid as well. Thats why so many of us are looking forward to the second film. We want to see how far this operaton runs.

Right on Goon.... and plus a little bit of titties never hurt a film either

Amen, Goon and Demon.  Whats wrong with a simple advertising gimmick anyways?  I mean Tarantino was presentin' and Eli Roth was directin', both of which made Kill Bill and Cabin Fever, then the gimmick works unlike a lot of other ones.  Eli Roth made this film on a very low budget with Raw Nerve.  If you watch it today, you will (or at least I am) still amazed on how they pulled it off and how great it turned out.

I have to ask where were you for the last half of the movie?  Did you miss the graphic scenes of torture?  Sex and death go great in horror movies and have been since a lot of the old cult classics.  Watch the last half of the movie again, you'll see why they nominate it a "horror" movie.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-24 10:28:13)

from what I've seen of this movie it was ok but it was the begining and all I saw was boobies lol...but my fiancee saw the rest of it and thought it was disturbing lol