Re: Hostel 2 Movie Details

I didn't like Hostel and I don't plan on seeing the sequel either. Now if Eli was to make Cabin Fever 2, that i might go see.

i was reading over at comingsoon.net and they have official plot and cast.  The only thing missing is Jay Hernandez.... anyone know if hes still gonna be in or not?  Hes not mentioned in the cast or the plot of the film.  Heres the link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16794

From what I've heard, he is going to be in the film.  I dont really think we know what he's going to be doing, but he's going to tie in with the three chicks and the whole Elite Hunting organization.  Very excited for this film.

he is cuz its gonna start out from the end of the first and im wondering if this movie is coming out jan 5th cuz there really no news on the filming and shit like that so i hope it comes out on the 5th but i dont think they have time to

Yea I'm guessing they don't have him listed because he probably has a relatively small role in the film. We posted the official synopsis today right here..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6646.html

yea thats the same article i was referring too, it just seems weird that hes not mentioned in either cast or plot.  Even if it was a small role, having Paxton return i think is very important because if he doesnt.... its just another Hostel part 1, just with girls.

Well a while back, I read this interview with Eli Roth and he was saying that Jay Hernandez will be back as Paxton and will be goin' threw the loop again or something like that.  It is a bit wierd he's not mentioned in the cast list.

Over at bloody-disgusting they just got confirmation that Hernandez will return, heres what they had to say:

Last week we broke the news (here) on the entire cast for Screen Gems/Lionsgate's Hostel: Part II- but something was odd... Jay Hernandez was missing. Tonight B-D was on hand at the live taping of Spike TV's Scream Awards in Hollywood, CA; during the after party we ran into the star of Eli Roth's popular horror film, Hostel. Hernandez (who was phenomenal in the first film) tells B-D exclusively, "Yes, I am in 'Hostel 2', I'll be shooting my scenes in the coming weeks." Click the title for the full synopsis and cast from Roth's hotly anticipated sequel. Spike TV's Scream Awards airs October 10th from 10PM- Midnight ET/PT.

Awesome.  Glad he's gonna be in the sequel.  Thanks for the info.

found this news over at bloody-disgusting.com

Don't get too excited, because we haven't found the trailer online just yet- but Lionsgate is set to release the first trailer for Hostel: Part II -- only the entire thing will be in German! Why? Read on and find out. Eli Roth's sequel, which stars Jay Hernandez, Lauren German, Heather Matarazzo, Bijou Phillips, Vera Jordanova, Roger Bart, Richard Burgi, Milan Knazko and Stanislav Ianevski, is now shooting in Prague. 

Variety reports:

Speak German? If not, you won't be able to understand the trailer for "Hostel Part II."

It's not the first time Lionsgate has used an unusual marketing ploy, but the decision to make the promo in German breaks one of Hollywood's strictest rules -- English only, please. Even trailers for foreign-language films typically have an English voiceover.

Trailer debuts tonight on MTV and bows in thousands of theaters on Friday with the release of "Saw III."

"Hostel II," which bows sometime next year, will be in English and is set in Prague, where Czech is the language of choice. So why German?

"German is more guttural and harsh," said Lionsgate co-prexy of marketing Tim Palen. "I think a lot of people will be taken aback, but with the success of the first 'Hostel,' there will be no confusion as to whether the movie is in English."

Palen said the trailer makes the pic seem more European and exotic. It's also a nod to the anti-American sentiment sweeping Europe and beyond. (In both "Hostel" movies, American victims draw a higher price.)

"For the discerning horror fan, it will separate 'Hostel II' from the typical kids-stranded-in-the-middle-of-nowhere horror film," Palen said.

Lionsgate will bow "Saw III" on 4,800 screens, providing broad exposure for the "Hostel" trailer.

Uh yea we posted the same news here...

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6780.html

hostel is my fav horror movie of all time i loved it i was there when it first opened and i love it i was not dissapointed. so im excited about the second sounds awsome and eli rules he is one of the top horror movie directors today. hostel 2 is going to be awsome

Couldn't agree with ya more punkhead66.

Well this news is more about the trailer.. I think its kind of stupid to put it in some random language because it sounds "cool". Put it in Czech, the language its supposed to be in.. Its just ridiculous and it sounds like something Lionsgate and there "wonderful" PR group put together..

the trailer is up at yahoo.movies, heres the link

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809717133/trailer

Yeah, I caught the Hostel trailer at the showing of Saw 3.  Saw 3 kicked some serious ass by the way.  Better than the first 2.  Anways, I didnt like how the Hostel part 2 trailer was in German.  I mean yes, it had subtitles but still it didnt sound all that "cool".  Plus, the trailer in general isnt that interesting.  Still gets me pumped up though.

yea saw 3 kicked ass, and it was a wierd choice to have it in german, but i still cant wait to see it, should be kick ass.

yeah just caught the trailer on line cause carnt see saw 3 till next thursday anyway  totally agree with you tim the trailer was only teaser but im still pumped for the movie. but in the trailer i loved how in the trailer it said americans have no imagantion that was and the chick screaming at the end gives us what we want in the movie.

yea.. I just watched it.. Different than what I expected.. I had thought that it was going to be actual actors being dubbed in German.. That kind of threw me off so it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated although it was a weak "teaser", I'm still anxious to see the movie..

i have watched the teaser a couple of times and like more each time i watch it im loving and more i am getting punped for the movie now im off to watch hostel.

found this info over at fangoria,  Jordan Ladd has a role in the flick as Paxtons girlfriend, heres the link...

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3277

Karen from Cabin Fever... *drools*  That's yet another thing to get everyone pumped up for this film.

I'd like to see Cerina Vincent personally come back instead of Jordan Ladd.. but hey the more hotties the better I always say..

Goon, I couldnt agree more.  There both hot as hell though.

anyone hear any new info about the movie, i havent heard any talk for awhile now, just wondering if theres any current news about it?