Topic: George A. Romero's Trilogy of the Dead Box Set!

So i was surfing the net when i stumbled upon this bit of new. It is being said that there will be a four disk set with Romero's Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, & Day of the Dead, comeing out, ( http://george-a.-romero-news.newslib.co … 5-3195399/ ) Not too much word on the extras only this (The extras include Roy Frumkes' documentary Document of the Dead. There are filmmakers' commentaries on Dawn of the Dead) I've always thought a Romero zombie box set would be kool, But for right now i would just take it as a rumor cause we all know how that shit goes online, Feel free to share what you think about this & what you would like to see as extras.

Re: George A. Romero's Trilogy of the Dead Box Set!

I have all the movies...all i would want is Document of the Dead from that.

Still, seems cool.

If you have the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition (which any self respecting horror fan should own) than you already have the Document of the Dead.. As for the box set according to that article it was already released on May 16th.. If it was released it was only done in Austrailia...

I don't have the ultimate edition of DAWN.  Been planning to get it but have always forgot.

I already own Dawn of the Dead on DVD, But i don't have the Ultimate Edition, Is the Document of the Dead worth buying the Ultimate Edition for?, I don't like wasteing cash on something i already own, And from what i've seen the Ultimate Edition is a bit pricey.

You can get the Ultimate Edition for like $30.. Thats for like 4 discs of Dawn goodness.. I'm surprised neither one of you own it.. That set is like the cornerstone of my collection... There is no way they will be able to pull together a more comprehensive set.. If you like Dawn you owe it to yourself to pick it up..

$30 eh?  Sounds good to me.  I have just always gone to Borders, pick it up meaning to buy it but always put it back and forget it.

I plan to get Deer Woman and Sick Girl tomorrow (the Borders in town had them under Will Arrive in 3-5 days...why I dunno.  I did get Creature from the Black Lagoon and Once Upon a Time in the West.  Creature, one of my all time fav films) and I will take a look for Dawn box set.

Isn't Argento's Italian edit of Dawn included in the set?

Yes it is.. You get the Directors Cut, Theatrical Cut, Argentos Cut, and than the bonus disc. The bonus disc includes 2 Docs, interviews, and a walkthrough of the Monroeville Mall..

Perhaps if the discs came in a zombie torso.