Topic: Devils Rejects Head to Haddonfield

The casting news for Halloween is coming in like wildfire. We can't rest without another person being added to the cast. Rob Zombie has confirmed that his wife Sheri Moon Zombie will indeed be in the film playing the role of Michaels mother Deborah M...

Read More : Devils Rejects Head to Haddonfield

Re: Devils Rejects Head to Haddonfield

I have to say that I do not like the fact that Michael Myers is going to have an abusive household.  I feel that one of the things which makes Michael Myers such a scary serial killer is the fact that he had a normal childhood and really just was mentally disturbed.  After all, his family was innocent and it was he who had "the blackest eyes."

But then we'd have another shot by shot remake, somewhat like Psycho.  I'm glad that Zombie is playing around with the plot, TO A POINT.  Still excited to see how this unfolds.  I'm pretty determined its going to kick some serious ass.

Yea at first I wasn't to sure about tinkering with his past but you are right.. We don't need another Halloween.. We need something different.. The Halloween franchise needs new life breathed back into it and if anybody can do that it has to be Rob Zombie...

is it a casting director or zombie hand picking the actors?
I agree with dudewtheshotgun, this is 70' haddonfield, semi normal people/M. Myers just happens to house evil - that is creepier than, justifying (justifying is never scarey, just annoying)
Zombie has the pulse, I will have an expectant wait and see attitude.-

yeah it was made quite clear by Rob Zombie this is NOT a remake, but a retelling. So he will definitely be breaking outside the mould

I do not mind tinkering.  I just feel that there are somethings which should not be changed if one remakes or re-tells these movies.  For instance, no one would want to see Freddy having his first kills outside the boiler room right?  Or how about if in the Friday the 13th remake, Mrs. Voorhees is not the first killer?  These things just would ruin a lot.  Sure, tinker with things but just do not change massive areas in the plot.

Then I wonder, how are they going to play off this abusive family with having Lorie Strode ending up perfectly fine and Michael Myers completely psychotic?  Especially since they came from the same household.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2007-01-06 19:41:40)

IM likeing this its not a reamke and thats good cause so far the horror remakes have been shit or some of them anyway.

I still like the Idea of Michael being pure evil, simply because that's pretty much how he was born, but as long as Zombie doesn't get out of control with the plot I'll be fine. I've got a lot of faith in Rob Zombie and if anyone can pull this off it would be him...or John Carpenter again.

I think its great hes changing it up makes it much more interesting..Rob said this wasn't going to be a remake that he was starting from scratch and I think its great..makes me want to see it more..also to the topic I'm excited to see some of the cast from TDR in this..very kool..

Last edited by RaVeN71806 (2007-01-08 09:08:28)