Topic: Kill Bill : The whole bloody affair

Kill bill vol 1 has just been shown here in the UK and it reminded me, where the fuck is the WBA? Why the hell havent we been given a SE set with both films in 1, totally uncut like the jap version? How come they get a SE and we dont and it's an american film. How long can it possibly take to edit it together 4 dvd? I hope he doesnt put it out in cinemas 1st cos then we wud have to wait a good 4 - 5 months for the dvd. He will have grindhouse out in 4 months so thats enough. I hope he just gets it released before grindhouse comes out as like a reminder to the mainstream audience or promotion for himself or  summet. Does any 1 know if there's bin any talk of it bin released?Cos this is the ultimate dvd that i want more than anything lol. cheers

Re: Kill Bill : The whole bloody affair

There was alot of talk of this happening awhile back.. He had planned to do it somewhat like how Grindhouse is.. He was going to have kind of like an intermission with little faux trailers and whatnot..

He has also gone on record saying he recorded a commentary track for the release.. I actually still haven't bought the original DVDs because I am waiting for the uncensored version.. I'm not sure if we will ever get it though now.. Its not really up to Tarantino on when to release it.. Unfortunately you have to look to the Weinsteins who are most likely not crazy about the idea and that is what is taking so long...

yeah i own them he has only done one comentry for one film that was from duck till dawn.

Well he also did a commentary for Hostel.. I'm not sure if he has done any others..

oh yeah i forgot about that so 2 movies.

I have The Uncut and Uncensored version of Kill Bill Vol. 1.

It's a little more than a minute longer than the U.S. DVD, and it includes several extra violent moments, a longer O-Ren Ishii animated sequence, and the entire House Of Blue Leaves battle in COLOR, rather than Black and White, which was used in the U.S. DVD.

So there is a little difference but not to much...

Yea the opening is a bit different too.. In the Japanese version he has a dedication to Kinji Fukasaku director of Battle Royale and in the U.S. version their is a Klingon proverb.. heh..

Last edited by Goon (2007-01-08 12:02:30)

Goon wrote:

Yea the opening is a bit different too.. In the Japanese version he has a dedication to Kinji Fukasaku director of Battle Royale and in the U.S. version their is a Klingon proverb.. heh..

I noticed you changed the name you had before smile
I was just about to say it's odd because I have the Japanese version, but now I can't since you fixed it and put down Fukasaku's name.