Topic: The Spider Labyrinth (1988)

An excellent Italian movie filmed on location in Budapest. am American Professor is investigating what he thinks is an archaic dead religion but is actually a powerful 4000 year old spider cult that inhabits the underground of Budapest and seems to be everywhere else too. Film has a great sense of paranoia and eerie mystery. A crazed demonic killer is slaughtering those who stumble unto the secrets of the cult and there seems no way out of the labyrinth...great shots and cinematography seperate this one from all the others. I reviewed it today on mms.

Re: The Spider Labyrinth (1988)

Sounds like a very cool film. Is it out on dvd?

No, you can find it on vhs or dvdr but man, this one needs a dvd release.

fredgarvin wrote:

No, you can find it on vhs or dvdr but man, this one needs a dvd release.

Do you own it on vhs? If so how much for a copy of it.:D

I have a dvdr, I could have my buddy "get" it for you? It's a lot better film than say Inferno, which I know you don't like. The one bad thing is the sound is lousy which is a bummer because the soundtrack is a good one. Also http://www.lfvw.com has it for sale. I put a poster of it on my mms.

Last edited by fredgarvin (2008-07-25 10:57:14)

Cool, I'll check that link out tomorrow.;)

This is a very atmospheric film and I love it. have it on VHS and luckily the sound is just fine:)

Cool C-girl, I think this film should be the third mother, not Argentos' latest. Have you seen Arcane Enchanter?

Sounds interesting, but i think i'll wait for an dvd actual dvd release since every freakin time i buy a bootleg/burn copy it always ends up on dvd like 3 to 6 months later.

I hear ya Sev, I hate to double dip, but if this ever gets a release, I am on it.

No I haven't seen Arcane-is it set in the same place. Give us a synopsis please smile

An Italian film from 1997. I'm guessing it's 18th century europe. A young seminary student is being disciplined for a sex scandal involving a young nun. Influencial folks in the city want him killed. He flees the city and a strange crone sends him to a castle inhabited by an aged, infamous, defrocked Priest. It turns out he was excommunicated for being involved in the occult in a big way and things get quite scary. Our student is charged with organizing the immense and decrepid library, full of arcana and banned books. The former librarian disappeared mysteriously and The inquisitor is drawing near as well...

Cool! Is it on DVd Will definitely seek it out. Thanks!