Topic: Velvet Rope Graphic Novel (Horror Anthology)

Just in time for Halloween!

Hey guys, my friends have put together a horror graphic novel called Velvet Rope to be released from Arcana Comics.  The collection will run 64 pages.  The graphic novel is collected and introduced like the old style horror films, with the stunning usher Velvet guiding you long you horrorific voyage.  The book was inspired by the old Creepy and Tales From The Crypt comics. Our hostess, Velvet, will introduce each short story and in fact have her own little story running at the beginning and end of the anthology to bookend the comic nicely.

Admit one to a new collection of horrifying tales! Grab your popcorn and Raisenettes, as Velvet, the beautiful usher from beyond the grave introduces Arcana's brand of spine tingling horror in this annual anthology. Velvet Rope includes deadly glimpses of upcoming Arcana titles Baker's Dozen, Club Vampire, and Daddy's Little Girl as well as an all-new Eve: Vampire Diva short. Featuring stories from some of the top up and coming creators around like Mark Poulton, Bruce A Brown, and Frank LaPerch, Velvet Rope is sure to make a killing at the box office! Like the old adage says: Every theater has a ghost... and Velvet Rope is no exception. 

Here's what's included in the 64 page anthology:

- Velvet Rope story that bookends the anthology by Mark Poulton & Steve Sistilli
- Daddy's Little Girl by Mark Poulton & Steve Sistilli
- Eve: Vampire Diva by Frank LaPerch & Ash Jackson
- Carry Me Softly Into The Land of Dreams by Bruce Brown & Renzo Podesta
- Dine In... Carried Out by Jay Busby & Jason Flowers
- Baker's Dozen by Dexter Weeks & Mark Poulton
- Soaked Shells by Phil McClorey & Jeff McComsey
- Club Vampire by Mark Poulton & Mathew Tow
- Costume Killer by Nicholas Knight & Chris Fenoglio

Here's some promo art for Velvet Rope.

i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/ropeposter.jpg

Steve Sistilli's cover for Velvet Rope. It features Velvet along with the characters from the short stories.
i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/VELVETROPE_frontcover.jpg

Here's some of Steve Sistilli's Velvet Rope pages. As you can tell he is trying to go for that old 70s' horror comic vibe. Steve got into the spirit of things and decided to water color his pages instead of having someone color them on a computer. I think they turned out pretty cool.

i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/pg1a.jpg

i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/pg2a.jpg

i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/pg3a.jpg

You can pre-order Velvet Rope from you local comic shop.  This would make a nice gift to hand out at Halloween to all the scary trick ot treaters.  Here is the information you will need to give them:
Diamond code: AUG08 3743
Cover by Stephen Sistilli
64 pages, FC... $5.95
Release date: October 29, 2008

Re: Velvet Rope Graphic Novel (Horror Anthology)

This sounds pretty interesting. I'll definitely be sure to check this out, which i'm a huge comic book fan. Thanks for sharing.

I will try to post some more previews soon.

Sweet. Thanks i can't wait to see them.

Sounds cool  big_smile

Hey guys, I thought I would start showing off some of the stories featured in the anthology. 

I'll start off with a Baker's Dozen preview. And please, if you like what you see could your tell you local comic shop to order the book. Here's the book info again:

Velvet Rope One-shot 
Diamond code: AUG08 3743
Cover by Stephen Sistilli
64 pages, FC... $5.95
Release date: October 29, 2008

i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/BakersDozenp1.jpg

i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/BakersDozenp2.jpg

i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/BakersDozenp3.jpg

i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/markepoulton/BakersDozenp4.jpg

Can yone of you guys post the links as images by adding the img code to the image links?  As a new user I can't do it yet.

Personally im a huge fan of the old horror comics such as creepy, tales from the crypt etc, so you boys have a lot to live up too.

the covers were cool, but id love to see a mix of them, i think the best would be the close up of velvet leaning in with the ticket and the monsters along the balcony from the first cover in the background.

I think the book is already at the publisher but next time I will post a little earlier.  We are going to try to make this atleast a yearly book.

Just a reminder that this is coming out this Wednesday October 29th.  Don't miss it.

Also, Various online comic stores will be carrying it.  You can check with milehighcomics.com, mycomicsho.com, midtowncomics.com, or any other online comic shop.  You will probably be able to find it at ebay also.

If you can't find it email me at jim (at) arcanacomics (dot) com