Topic: are unrated movies better than rated movies

i've gotten alot of movies from e-bay(big mistake in some cases price wise i mean) like mother of tears, waz, rogue, and many others and then i see them over here in unrated form and i wonder if a movie is unrated is it any better than the versions that i've gotten which aren't unrated and should i have waited for the unrated version and do you guys wait for a movie if it's unrated compared to another version which is not unrated.

Re: are unrated movies better than rated movies

to me its only worth it if it has alot more footage. I think that 80% of re-releases are a gimmick to pry money from our wallets.

They never really make much difference. Usually the ones that says director's cut are the ones with new or alternate scenes. Unrated has them too but usually its just added gore which comes to just like 5 min or less added. Here's a tip, next time find out the length of time of each versions and see how much more minutes each one add. If ones like just a couple of minutes then its just added gore which mostly never really make much of a difference. I learn this because i have alot of dvds and got like the unrated version and it never made much of a difference. Before you buy try to find out how much are they different and added.

Meh wrote:

to me its only worth it if it has alot more footage. I think that 80% of re-releases are a gimmick to pry money from our wallets.

Ditto.

I also agree with Severen in the fact that they never really make much difference. It's hardly a noticeable difference in the versions, but sometimes a noticeable difference in price. I'd take Severen's advice on this one.

just to ask, did anybody else get ripped off by getting the unrated land of the dead dvd with only one extra scene

See there you go, i never realized there was an extra scene. Not much difference.

Go with the unrated version.  Even if the difference isn't that much, you still get more.  Plus, the prices are usually the same.

I find that Unrated is typically better because it does show scenes in more details than in the theatre.

I'll always go unrated unless the director intentionally made the snips himself

I usually go with unrated, however most of the time its like three seconds are altered.

If you getting the remake of Halloween then go with the Rated. Thats all Im gonna say.

daxter wrote:

i wonder if a movie is unrated is it any better than the versions that i've gotten which aren't unrated

I prefer the unrated versions usually, because it usually means more footage (hopfelly a lot more) and its often the ultimate edition, until the anniversary editions of course....lol

if your looking for unrated just for tits and gore, there isnt always a big difference.

I always prefer the unrated version over the rated version. Just for the fact that in the original theatrical version, it has scenes already embedded within the movie itself, make the movie a little better. But i do however like to have both versions to compare each one to see what the difference is.

color me stupid but i dont know what the difference is sad

^Usually it's like one scene in the movie where there is just that extra bit of gore or violence that the Director has to cut in order to get a lower rating for the film because the studio is all about having everybody see every movie...because they're greedy and don't care about quality. Usually.

Unrated movies now adays just say that, but it barely changes anything about the movie itself, like somebody else said, its just a gimmick.

On the other hand, Directors cuts, or Unedited older films generally add a fair ammount of different content.

Never buy the first release of a movie.   In two months a special/directors/unrated/super-sexy edition will come out.  The new edition usually has some new stuff.  Wait another month, and the price drops to the original disc's price, if not lower.

I go with unrated also. I'm a gorehound and that's why I get unrated.
I heard that the original My Bloody Valinine unrated is really good.

I usually go with unrated, but in some cases the r rated version is better imo. Example.... Evil Aliens, a really fun gross out alien movie, but in the unrated version it is too gross for me with a moneyshot on the wall, and a ultra graphic anal probe lol:lol:
Im not a fan of watching those 2 things so when i buy itll def be the r- rated version. The majority of the time its better to go with unrated more gore n stuff.

Alien probes... you're doing right...?

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/table_of_malcontents/images/2007/06/25/alien_sex_09.jpg

azathoth wrote:

Alien probes... you're doing right...?

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/table … sex_09.jpg

that alien probe looks mighty fine big_smile

Well unrated doesn't mean it's going to have gorier or more intense scenes.  It means that it's a cut of the film that didn't go through the ratings board.  Sometimes it is a bummer to get an unrated movie and the only thing in it is extra (and possibly boring) dialogue.  I love the movie Apocalypse Now, but I'm not a fan of the redux.  It slows the pacing down alot and it shows why people make the neccassary cuts.

Of course they are better.
One means cut...one means uncut.

'Director's Cut' or 'Extended Cut' are completely different things compared to 'Rated' or 'Unrated and is an entirely different subject.

Unrated is usually  better.

i'd agree unrated most of the time.