Topic: Doomsday 2

tomorrow will begin the filming process for the movie in Sofia
did anyone new something more about these project?

ps. if i found something i'll posted immediately wink

Re: Doomsday 2

no question they would want a sequel but i have never heard that they had a story much less one was shooting. Where is Sofia? How do you know what you do? Thanks for the info smile

I have not heard anything about this, nor was I able to find any info about this anywhere.  From variety to imdb, no one seems to have any news or mention of a doomsday sequel.  I dont know about this.....it seems too soon for them to be doing a sequel to a mediocre box office draw.  Somehow I think we are going to have to debunk this one.

I dunno, I think Doomsday is one of those movies you just leave go. Same with all Neil Marshall films. The Descent should be left alone and this should be two. Along with his other film Dog Soldiers all three o them are perfect as stand alone films. I wouldn't like to see a Doomsday sequel cuz I loved the first one so much, it shouldn't be tempered with.

I sure as hell hope this is a joke. Doomsday was a colossal failure, and I'd hate to see it get any more attention by making a sequel.

joke or not, i'm skeptical, i think we would have been given something to give us a heads up by now if this were true

There were a lot of unanswered questions after the first - did they really think it would be a big success that would need a number 2?  Ha!  I know a lot of folks here kind of liked the movie, but I really didn't.  Mad Max + 28 Days Later + Underworld = one big mess

I still yet to see the first one.

it was a huge disappointment man, there were some good parts, but overall, i give it like a 7 at best

Meh wrote:

no question they would want a sequel but i have never heard that they had a story much less one was shooting. Where is Sofia? How do you know what you do? Thanks for the info smile

Sofia is in Bulgaria - Europe

i know because i live here and i knew people from the crew of the movie
the day after tomorrow i'll go to the set to visit him and i'll find more or everything (i hope) about the film
and i think the movie will be release straight on DVD or TV-channel, because the company that filming it UFO do his movies for Sci-Fi Channel for the past years and these year do a lot of sequels for DVD like The Grudge 3, Boogeyman 3, Massengers 2 and Wrong Turn 3

I didn't like the first one, so I have no interest in a sequel.

romero-inspired wrote:

it was a huge disappointment man, there were some good parts, but overall, i give it like a 7 at best

I mean yeah i'm going to take everyones take on if they liked it or not. But i've been really dying to see this and i am going to give it a shot. Eventually i will see it.

I enjoyed parts of the first one. The first ten minutes was fuckin great. That chick with the tattoos was hot. Other than that I didnt give a fuck

The first movie was bad enough.
I don't see the need to make a second film.
The only thing that i liked in doomsday was the chick with the tattoos.
She was hot and total kick ass.

and this is the cast

1.Luke Goss
2. Xenia Seeberg
3.Louise Cliffe
4.Colin Salmon
5. Theo Cross
6. Marina Sirits
7.Mike Johnson

Hmmmm I still dont know about this one.....

So Rhona Mitra isn't even in it?  And really, I don't know what the fuss about Viper is all about.  When she was licking her chops, it didn't feel real to me.  I am saying this with all sincerity --- it takes more than a look at a tongue to impress me.

If this is indeed filming, without Rhonda Mitre or Bob Hoskins, I could care less.  Plus it's filming in Bulgaria and not Scotland, so you know Neil Marshall isnt involved.

I felt the first one was a joke and now a sequel.  There is no hope anymore.

the director is Nick Lyon from "Species: The Awakening" and i don't know why, but they moved number 2 from the title and now is just "Doomsday".... i'm mixed-up... hmm

Last edited by dudeo (2008-08-26 08:10:37)

that's probably because it's not going to happen any time soon

Doomsday was such a let down I almost cried because I sooooo wanted it to be good And it f...ing well wasn't. Only thing I did like is that a lot of the actors from Dog Soldiers where in it- otherwise it went no where and one would be better off rewatching Bronx Warriors (either one) or the Mad Max trilogys. So! no need for 2. Sofia is in Bulgaria smile

agreed, if the sequel gets worse, i will cry

i liked the movie but am not sure about a part 2.....
maybe it might be good

So an update on the "sequel".  It is official that Luke Goss did do some filming for this recently.....HOWEVER, the movie does NOT appear to be a sequel to Doomsday.  The film itself is indeed called Doomsday, but it is a made for TV movie that is being shot for the Sci-Fi channel.  Should debut on the station sometime in 2009.  Ha!