Re: Doomsday 2

Well that's a relief!  The first one was bad enough, a rip-off of so many other films and a lot of things just made no sense whatsoever. ie. Scotland's been cut off from civilization for 27 years and there are still cans of lager left?  Erm... I don't think so!  LOL.

jackalqueen wrote:

Well that's a relief!  The first one was bad enough, a rip-off of so many other films and a lot of things just made no sense whatsoever. ie. Scotland's been cut off from civilization for 27 years and there are still cans of lager left?  Erm... I don't think so!  LOL.

Thats really funny!!! I have a few scottish friends and the lager would be the first to go!!!
Yes and the first one was terrible!

I was impressed that they still had petrol and cars that they could drive. And the clothes. How is it that Adult sex shops where so big there and they had so many outfits to choose from? And that fishnet stockings with big holes in where still wearable? Not just the lager but they could still get cigarettes (albeit sparingly).

Its a movie, it doesnt have to make sense.  tongue

Cemetarygirl wrote:

And the clothes. How is it that Adult sex shops where so big there and they had so many outfits to choose from? And that fishnet stockings with big holes in where still wearable? Not just the lager but they could still get cigarettes (albeit sparingly).

That's just how we all dress, all the time.  The kilts are for tourists.  lol

The first one did ripoff many films, most noticeably Escape From New York...and also, it wasn't good...I do want to get me a car battery that can sit for decades and still fire right up though.

Maybe they killed those cows and used their skin for the outfits. I suppose a few tanning places could still exist:rolleyes: and I know people taste like pork but why didnt they eat the cows (not that I am condoning they do) instead of each other. Interesting how pigs should not eat meat because it makes them aggressive and its the same for us (now what does that tell you:P)
And I too would like those batteries for I find that if you forget to switch off your car lights (used to be typical when you had your lights on during the day) that you would come out after work to a flat battery and theirs lasted for decades. What a marketing exercise:D

who is in it? usually they hire a lot Mike Johnson (2 4 family), Erbie Ago, and Todd Jehnsen. In bulgaria i mean

hi im from croatia smile and i watched the movie Doomsday and i like it. I saw that a lot of people don't like it and i'm interesting why then you looking for Doomsday 2 ???

omg i wanna see a doomsday 2, but i wanna see that movie with Rhona Mitra !!!!!!!
..... and please put some positive comm tongue

"Doomsday" felt like a combo of "Mad Max" and "Escape from New York", or just a straight "28 Weeks Later rip-off".  I guess you could throw in any random virus movie, too.  Action, good; plot, well..... seriously, Camelot?!  And what kind of APC is broken by a knife/ax/whatever it was?  They might as well as have driven in with a Lego(TM) Car!

It was kinda cool but derivative and every single character made stupid decisions.  Arg!  (Speaking or arg, sailing a pirate ship in would have been pretty cool!).  Without the chickie I doubt half the fans would have even cared.

jmh314 wrote:

So an update on the "sequel".  It is official that Luke Goss did do some filming for this recently.....HOWEVER, the movie does NOT appear to be a sequel to Doomsday.  The film itself is indeed called Doomsday, but it is a made for TV movie that is being shot for the Sci-Fi channel.  Should debut on the station sometime in 2009.  Ha!

That sounds more like it. I knew something was fishy here.

So, let's do a movie with a virus.

How about the XR212 virus. Series 1 and Series 2...

Series 1 turns people into killers
Series 2 turns people into heros

Let's see who will win.

I will get flack for this hmm but I liked Doomsday. I was under no delusion that it was original. I was aware it was a mesh of various films but for a movie where you needn't think, just go in for the ride, sit back and enjoy the action it was rather entertaining. It required nothing from me and I didn't need to think just simply enjoy it. There are days when I would rather have entertainment without the headache of thinking, this did that for me. Yes it rips off some sources but I went into this knowing it would not be life changing.

I liked it. It was a little bit of fun to surpass the evening. As for a sequel? Bring it on! Another mindless film of car chases etc, I'm up for that. I, for one, will be looking forward to this. big_smile

I'm surprised that so many of you seem to dislike the original...It was a GREAT film!  Highly entertaining...it was a throw back to cult cinema of the 80's, you can pick out so many great cult films within it...The Warriors, Mad Max trilogy, Escape from NY, etc...this was the film Neil Marshall did that lead me to stating he is the next John Carpenter- even the score sounded like a Carpenter film- give it another chance, Neil knows how to make a genre film and I expect great things from him in the future

I don't know, i really liked the first one in parts and the action and gore was very well done, but like everyone says it just was a bunch of films mixed together, its a shame i think Doomsday had a ton of potential!

geez people i agree with you about doomsday but i loved and it who the hell cares if it's different movies mixed together. christ just enjoy films for what they are a way to unwind from the real world. It certainly is your right to love or hate a film but they're a way to escape from real life so i, personally don't want total realism and yes i want a good movie but god just chill with the negativity.

Its is a good movie  but i think i could have been.

what do you thing, what could be better?

I'm gonna answer.. NOTHING !!

So what if film is mixed up, the film is GREAT,.. i like it very much... and i wanna know something about Doomsday 2 ?? ...

Last edited by maybe (2009-06-23 18:06:19)

This was a weird movie for me- by all accounts I should have loved it.  Like BTK said, it had the action, the sci-fi, the scariness- I love that stuff!  But this one just didn't gel for me.  Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, just saying what I felt about it.

Hey, maybe #2 will be more to my liking.

This has become a debate on if Doomsday 1 is a good film or not lol. Everyone likes different stuff  and someone may love a film and others hate it is how it goes.

One of those that will never judge anyone's taste smile hell I still have to watch The Thing lol but def. agree pR1m, everyone has unique tastes, what one of us might like others might hate. All that matters is that we respect everyone's opinion even if we don't necessarily agree.

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-06-23 21:33:00)

^^^   "Respect my au-thor-i-tay!"

Or something.  BTK, you haven't seen the "Thing" yet?

sad No, I have heard obviously so much on it. Prior to a month ago, my local store sold none of the DVD's, they finally put them in store, just brought the DVD this week and plan to watch it some time this week. Love Carpenter, feel frickin' ashamed I couldn't see it till now but intrigued and looking forward to the experience.

Omg Btk r u fo real fo shizzle?! The Thing(remake) is good the effects are so amazing  that movie terrified me!

lol that's why I feel ashamed. I claim to be a horror gal but I've never seen this... hmm sigh... but hopefully I will love it, realise what I missed out and write a kick-ass review! wink

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-06-23 22:15:50)

pR1m3vil wrote:

This has become a debate on if Doomsday 1 is a good film or not lol. Everyone likes different stuff  and someone may love a film and others hate it is how it goes.

yea i know that, but i don't understand if you don't like that movie why then u r looking for second part ?? well.. i don't wanna make a scene about this... i just wanna know more about Doomsday 2 big_smile