Topic: Assault on Precinct 13(1976)

This was John Carpenter's first film that he actually made that was international. He did make a film with his fellow film student buddy Dan O'Bannon called Dark Star before it which I have on dvd but Assault on Precinct 13 is a huge classic film to me. I always thought that Halloween was his first film but it wasn't. I have become a huge JC fan since then and keep learning more stuff about him every year it seems.

If you have ever seen Ghosts of Mars then it is like a future film of what Assault on Precinct 13 was

Please check out the original film Assault on Precinct 13 if you can and the musical score is done by JC.:cool:.

Re: Assault on Precinct 13(1976)

Yes this is a great movie. The remake definitely paled in comparison.

I didn't like the remake at all. The original was awesome in it's cheesiness.

I love the original.  The scene with the 'rain' on the cars from dripping blood is something that stayed in my head since the first time I saw it as a teenager.

jackalqueen wrote:

I love the original.  The scene with the 'rain' on the cars from dripping blood is something that stayed in my head since the first time I saw it as a teenager.

I don't recall that scene???:/

RIP wrote:
jackalqueen wrote:

I don't recall that scene???:/

They hid the bodies in the trees so anyone checking out the street would think nothing had happened.  A car parked under one of the trees and someone commented on the rain hitting the car roof, then they noticed there was no rain on the windscreen.  They get out the car and see drops of blood on the car roof, look up and see the bodies and realise it's not a hoax after all. 

I don't know why I remembered that, it's not anything outstanding, it just stuck in my head for some reason.  Past-life trauma most probably...:D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNfDSNG7Y0g[/youtube]

this is a great movie, I just picked it up on Blu Ray and all I can say is wow.  It looks amazing and I definitely suggest everyone check it out

Yeah, this is an awesome movie. Definitely one of Carpenter's top 5 films. An early example of the influence that Westerns had on John Carpenter as a film maker. In fact, I remember him saying that Rio Bravo had a huge influence on Assault On Precinct 13. The stories have some similarities, but Carpenter really ran in his own direction through most of it.

I saw the remake a couple years ago and it was lousy, all that was good about it was Drea De Mateo and Maria Bello.

Great film. A classic