Topic: Midnight Meat Train question **SPOILERS**

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE

ok so i just finished watching MMT, and i dont get the end at all. what are those things in the subway? was the guy killing people to bring them food? are they people? or what?
i am confused right now.

Re: Midnight Meat Train question **SPOILERS**

SPOILER (left click and drag over space below for answer):

The things in the subway supposedly existed since long before the days of man; Mahogany and his friends were part of a group which supplied the monsters with food so they wouldn't come to the streets to hunt for prey, thus keeping everything "balanced."  So the photographer, upon killing Mahogany, was chosen to take over for him.  Now HE's the guy who, along with the subway conductor, transports food to the creatures.

And there you have it.

thanks Lonnie! now i get it.

question:  there was like warts or some kind of growths on his chest, that he cut off and preserved. what were those? and how did that contribute anything to the story?  more confusing than I thought it would be.

Hmm...hard to explain without giving anything away, so, looks like...

SPOILER TIME (left click and drag over space below):

What I took those to be were markings inflicted by the creatures Mahogany and the others feed.  Notice at one point the photographer is felt up by the creatures before making his escape to arm himself and hunt Mahogany down, and later HE becomes their butcher.  So, yeah, I think those weird lesions and stuff were markings designating he position.  I could be wrong, though, and am open to other explanations.

There you go.

That is exactly the way I saw it.  Nice explanation Lon.

Just watched this last night, very well done. Even if you're not familiar with the short story I felt they treated the 'reveal' admirably. It may polarize some viewers who aren't familiar with Barker's work, but if you pay attention the ending should make some sense to even casual viewers. Hope to up a review of it this evening.

***SPOILERS*****

i thought the warts were like infections. like he got a disease from getting too close to the creatures.

Lonnie!  How do you do that?

Flo, I change the text color to black to match the background color.  It's easy if you're accustomed to BBcode.  Basically, you type   color=black   in brackets, at the beginning of the text.  At the end of your text, type    /color   in brackets.  Like so (left click and drag over space below):

I once heard that Rip did twenty guys in a row; while at first I doubted that to be true, I later learned it was upon seeing the tattoo on his chest which reads "Shoot it here, boys."

And there you have it. smile

Last edited by LoudLon (2008-10-10 09:05:59)

Like this!?

I still can't believe I'm reading this thread.  I haven't seen "Midnight Meat Train" yet!

Holy shit, it works!

You got it!  Who's a good boy?  Who's a good boy?  You are!  Oh, yes you are!  Oh, yes you -- all right, stop licking my toes.  Kinda gross.

OMG
That is so fucking funny

Last edited by floridapossum (2008-10-10 14:02:53)

Got it Lon, thanks!

No problem. smile

Last edited by LoudLon (2008-10-10 14:04:48)

LoudLon wrote:

You got it!  Who's a good boy?  Who's a good boy?  You are!  Oh, yes you are!  Oh, yes you -- all right, stop licking my toes.  Kinda gross.

*sniff*

I am...

well dont go into this thread if you have not seen MMT! it spoils the movie!

yes theres writing above this.

This has been educational and informative thanks Lon!

I just watched The Midnight Meat Train. I didn't want to read this thread until after I saw it. It's been quite awhile since I read the short story but I understood what all went down.
I really liked it, it was done pretty decently and a fun ride.

^ I agree I finally just watched and it actually did the story justice. Vinny was perfect as Maho gany and the gore was unflinching. I just wished they would have revealed a little more about the fathers under the city.

I haven't seen the movie yet lol but I read this despite spoilers b'cus I am the girl who goes looking for the information for movies wayyy before they are out. smile All this information makes me more excited about when it comes out though big_smile can't wait to buy this!

Yes, I am a pain in the neck!

tongue See above ^

LoudLon wrote:

Flo, I change the text color to black to match the background color.  It's easy if you're accustomed to BBcode.  Basically, you type   color=black   in brackets, at the beginning of the text.  At the end of your text, type    /color   in brackets.  Like so (left click and drag over space below):

I once heard that Rip did twenty guys in a row; while at first I doubted that to be true, I later learned it was upon seeing the tattoo on his chest which reads "Shoot it here, boys."

And there you have it. smile

Well how cool is that?!
This is what I love about this place. I learn something new here every time i visit.
And not just horror stuff, like seeing Requiem for a Dream.
If not for the brillant Maven's informative and insightful editorials I do not know if I woild have ever dicovered this thought prevoking and very real movie (personally for me at least).
Thanks bunches.