Topic: Doomsday

Saw it last night...anyone besides me see a lot of idea ripoffs from some Carpenter films.
Case in point: Escpae from New York: got the eye patched hero, got the containment wall, got almost identical rules (ONCE YOU GO IN YOU DON'T COME OUT)..and I'll be damn if they didn't rip off some musical score/them from the film...add in some Ghost of Mars train escape from the crazies...add in the theatrical show with the men dressed up ala what Cabbie was watching in EFNY...have main charater fight their hero in front of large crowd...anyone else?
Then, throw in some Road Warrior, a little 28 Days later...not sure about the whole mideval kingdom part, was there any originality to this film at all?

Last edited by PhilnEdee (2008-10-04 20:01:55)

Re: Doomsday

I liked that the hero was a kick ass gal cool
Welcome back PhilnEdee I missed ya!!!!!! R U all set for Halloween?

i really disliked this movie

Hey...dang skippy, we're getting there! Thanks-good to be back-getting into the mood for some good scares-summer months are jet ski season for us so I don't post up alot, check out my new Halloween themed myspace at:
www.myspace.com/philnedee

I too dissliked the movie, it was a total ripoff of other movies, and just really was not good.

I actually loved Doomsday.  Who cares that it paid homage to other films?  Most the stuff these days does that anyways, so why cant Doomsday?  I think if people stop looking at it as a rip off they will find more to enjoy.

I'm with jmh on this one.  I enjoyed it for the movie it was. At least it wasn't an "Escape From New York" or "Road Warrior" remake.  That I would've been more upset about.

it definitely paid hommage/ripped off but it was also quite unique.. i loved it.

and remind me to get a car battery like the one the crated car had...talk about a DieHard.