Topic: Is Johnny Depp giving up on the "Dark Shadows" movie?

Now that Johnny Depp has signed a deal with Disney to appear in a fourth  "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie and has other projects, playing "Tonto" in "The Lone Ranger" movie (script not finished), playing the "Mad Hatter" in Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland, not due until March 2010, and  for George Lucas as an animated pet in "Rango", due March 2011, does this really mean, according to "Entertainment Weekly" magazine, that the "Dark Shadows" movie has been "left behind".
  I hope Johnny Depp will really get serious about making the "Dark Shadows" movie and I think that now is the perfect time for it.
  If Johnny Depp can not do it, may someone else can and soon.

Re: Is Johnny Depp giving up on the "Dark Shadows" movie?

Do you suppose Tim Burton and Johnny Depp took notice of the fan's reactions to a "Dark Shados" movie and decided to go ahead and make it this year?
  Well, that is exactly what Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are going to do. According to The ShadowGram Newsletter, Tim Burton will be directing and Johnny Depp will be "Barnabas Collins".  They hope to begin filming by the end of this year and the release of "Dark Shadows" will not be until late 2010 at the earliest.
  I believe the Horror-Movies.ca update had said that "Dark Shadows" could start filming in London in summer 2009.  I guess they still need time to refine the script and do the casting.
I just so glad that they are serious about getting this "Dark Shadows" movie in production and thanks to Johnny Depp for bringing this idea to the forefront to Tim Burton.  It has been Johnny Depp's fantasy to play "Barnabas Collins", the role that Jonathan Frid made famous in the ABC Network soap opera in from 1967-71.  I do hope they give some of the original cast members a chance to do small roles in the film.  Lara Parker and Kathryn Leigh Scott still look beautiful and are in great, healthy shape and are still active in the Dark Shadows Fesival and John Karlen, David Selby and Jonathan Frid has returned to the annual Festival too.

I patiently await this movie, it is going to be a treat wink

Awesome! I have most of the series on dvd .. thanks to mother getting me hooked on it ( god rest her soul ) .  Anyone know where they plan on going with it? Is it a remake of House of Dark Shadows, does it pick up where Night left off ? ... guess it can't be... since Depp is playing Barnabas... hmm. .

Eh, I really don't see depp as a good vampire, especially not barnabas. Can't wait to see how it turns out though.

I can understand reservations but with that said I have such great hopes. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp work so well together. In my opinion the chemistry between them is what makes the movies work so well.

I think they fit together so perfectly and if anyone can pull of the movie they can, so I'm eager and excited for this film smile