Topic: Blue Underground Re-Releasing Horror Classics

Blue UnderGround is re-releasing a bunch of old Anchorbay Titles. Frankly  I am not quite sure why AnchorBay made this deal, but I am not a corporate suit, I am a monkey with a keyboard ever typing.. typing.. typing. The good news is that we are...

Read More : Blue Underground Re-Releasing Horror Classics

Re: Blue Underground Re-Releasing Horror Classics

The Black Cat, The House by the Cemetary and Let Sleeping Corpses Lie are all great creepy movies.  I will propably pick these three up and add them to my collection when they come out.  Its been a really long time since I've seen them though...lol.

Wow.. I can't believe you said "DO NOT" buy a Lucio Fulci film.. wow.. that movie isn't great but it has some fantastic set pieces..

i thought we all agreed city of the living dead is a complete piece of crap?

Meh, I think Gooner was drunk that night!  LOL!  j/k Goon! Your right about the set pieces.  I was just looking at the list of films he's done.  He wrote 59 films, Directed 57, Produced 5 and worked on numerous others.

Heh City of the Living Dead has some really classic moments in it.. Including the woman puking up her stomach and her intestines, the drill to the guys head, and the scene when the priest hangs himself..

Thats it Goon.... you said it. Thoughs scenes are the best part of the movie.

Don't Torture a Duckling, Macabre, The Black Cat, & Deep Red are on my list.

Deep Red is classic.. Not a "great" movie but I suggest anyone who is interested in giallo to pick it up as it is really Dario Argento's first really good movie..

Will definitely pick up Deep Red and some others.  Though money is tight right now so it will be filtered with my special screening process... *Takes out a monkey, two squirrels and a dart board*.

There's a horror movie called "Don't Torture a Duckling"?  Seriously?  Is it indeed a cautionary tale of the dangers of torturing baby ducks?

Sadly no tongue its apparently a Fulci giallo movie.

I haven't seen Don't Torture a Duckling. Is it any good?

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Don't Torture a Duckling, Macabre, The Black Cat, & Deep Red are on my list.

Likewise.

I haven't seen Duckling, I have heard it is good though.

this is a good idea

DemonToSome wrote:

I haven't seen it but I know its about someone killing little kids , the cover has a little kid drowned in a fountain

DemonToSome wrote:

Yeah, Its a great film! one of fulci best, though its been over shadowed by his later work.
The story revolves around a rural town in which a unknow killer is murdering teenage boys. Repoter Andrea Marrelli (Tomas Millan) learns of the murders and heads out from Milan to the town to investigate. The police have already arrested a local man for the murders, but Marrelli decides to investigate himself as he feels the local police to be a bit cr*p at their job! But who could the killer be....?  Is it the moralising local priest, the woman who says shes a witch or the sexually provocative woman, with a substance abuse problem...?

The gore is less frequent than Fulci's later giallo The New York Ripper, but what is there is worth the wait! There's a chain whippin' scene a la The Beyond and a scene where someone gets there head smashed in while falling down a rocky hill side! The stand out scene has to be the murder in wood! To cap it all the soundtrack is by Riz Ortolani!  The Title is a really strange, but stanger still is the orginal Itallian title " Don't torture Donald Duck"!!
       Hope this post helped ya all out!!