Topic: Interview with Orlando Bloom

With his soulful dark eyes, chiseled good looks, and dark brown hair, Orlando Bloom cuts a very dashing image as he resumes the sexy role of Will Turner in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest," the second installment of a three-part trilogy directed by Gore Verbinski. When Capt. Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) gets himself into more trouble, his problems throw a huge wrench into Will’s blissful plans to wed Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley), and the couple find themselves embroiled in yet another exciting and comic misadventure with the craziest pirate of the high seas.

Bloom’s role has expanded significantly in POTC2. He’s matured as an actor since he first appeared in POTC1, and in the sequel, his portrayal reflects newfound confidence that gives his character a decidedly heroic edge which serves the material well. As Will Turner, he’s once again caught up in a web of supernatural intrigue as he attempts to help Capt. Jack escape the curse of the evil and heartless Davey Jones (Bill Nighy). The innocent blacksmith drawn into Capt. Jack’s shenanigans in POTC1 has evolved into a more developed character in POTC 2 whose ethics and loyalty would make his father, legendary pirate Bootstrap Bill, proud. And there’s lots of swashbuckle in his performance, too. Indeed, one of the film’s most impressive set pieces involves Bloom engaging in some spectacular swordplay atop a giant water wheel.

Appearing upbeat and relaxed, the charismatic young Brit recently sat down to discuss his new film during the POTC2 press day in Los Angeles. Here’s what Orlando Bloom had to tell us about his new film, what it’s like working on two films back to back, and his latest project, the upcoming film "Haven" that’s scheduled to be released this fall.

Q: Was it easy to rediscover your inner pirate?

Bloom: Yeah, he goes from being a straight-laced kind of upright stick in the mud, Will, to becoming more of a bit of a pirate in this one, thankfully. It was kind of like discovering my inner pirate for the first time in a way.

Q: What's the attraction of doing these films? Is it a fulfillment of your childhood fantasy?

Bloom: My whole career has been fulfilling my childhood fantasies. I play characters that are larger than life...getting to play a knight, an elf, a prince, a soldier... I've really lived out all of my childhood fantasies. "Pirates" wasn't like living out another childhood fantasy. It was just a great opportunity to work with some great people like Johnny Depp. It was a big draw. I've always admired him as a young actor. When I signed up to do the first one it was… to be on set with somebody like him, to see how he handles himself, to see how he goes about it… it was a real privilege. You learn as you go, so I did that.

Q: Was it exhausting shooting the two films back-to-back?

Bloom: It's a real ensemble movie so it's not like I'm on the whole time, but yeah, it was a challenge because, you know, you've got the arc of two movies to cover. You can shoot a scene from the second movie in the morning and the third movie in the afternoon and trying to remember where your character is emotionally or whatever at that point in the movie can be a bit more challenging. You just have to play the truth of the moment. And thankfully, we got great writers to create great stories and characters and develop it so it's not just one note.

Q: How do you compare "The Lord of the Rings," where you shot three films back-to-back, to these two films?

Bloom: It's not that different. "Lord of the Rings" was my first experience making movies. I had no idea how movies were done. I thought that's the way they're done. In a way, I had nothing to compare it to. You have to think about where in that development you are. And sometimes, when you shoot one movie, you have to think about that anyway. But that's one movie. With two, a lot more time passes, and a lot more development happens, so you've got to keep jumping back and forward doing that kind of dance. The great thing about working on something like "Pirates" is that you don't really know what to expect. Going to see it, it's like a feast for the eyes. It's a shocker.

Read ye entire interview here
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9214.html

Re: Interview with Orlando Bloom

horrrrahhhyyy for Orlando Bloom, let's put him in all the movies...lol