Topic: Rob Zombies Script Review Uproar

Today a review for Rob Zombies Halloween script went up over at AICN. I for one am not into reading that kind of thing because it often ruins or cheapens the thrill of seeing the movie in the theater and all you can think about is that damn script yo...

Read More : Rob Zombies Script Review Uproar

Re: Rob Zombies Script Review Uproar

First everyone bitches about shot by shot remakes of classic films like Psycho and The Omen.  Now, when a great director helms a redux of a classic film, people start to bitch because he is playing around with the plot and not doing it shot by shot...?  It's hard to understand what people want nowadays.  I don't like remakes like the rest, but if Rob Zombie is doing it, I'm pretty sure he's not going to go out of his way to fuck it up.  And from what I've heard, he's working really hard on this project.  I hope Rob Zombie just laughs at this, like I am now.  Do your thing Rob!  Lookin' forward to seeing your take on Halloween.

OUCH My Eye!!! well written point Goon, if my itchy I got a feeln
feeln on this is right. We all may or may not like this version AS much as Carpenters, BUT I feel its going to put Zombie in a new light/class of horror writer/director. My passonate -for -horror button is flashing in the batcave, this is one movie I wanna see for myself.

There's no pleasing everyone!  To me this is GREAT news.  I want the back story and I can't wait to see what Rob's got planned for us fans!  Totally agree with all you posted here Goon.

God people really really amaze me..thats the most pathetic thing I've heard..wishing death on someone over a fucking movie is really fucking stupid..I think Rob will do a great job and I hope its the best fucking movie out of the whole summer line up..ok I'm done venting now..

I was not happy with Rob Zombie changing Michael Myers' back story.  I feel that his childhood should be left alone.  Although, I am a purist of horror movies and usually get itchy when people do remakes.  But I must say that I do have faith in Rob Zombie and would never wish him (or any other director) death.

Now, although I do not want a remake which is shot-for-shot like Psycho, I do not like remakes which completely revision the story and throw away everything (that is if the movie worked well the first time).  This is one of the reasons I was not a fan of the remake of Texas Chain Saw Massacre.  However, (and I am sure I speak for all) John Carpenter's The Thing was a brilliant remake which kept many aspects from the original movie in them.  Now, do I think Zombie's change of Michael Myers' childhood is a mistake?  Personally... yes.  Do I think he will do a horrible job revisioning of a classic?  Of course not.  I have a lot of faith in Rob Zombie and have enjoyed his films; personally I own House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects.

EDITED : Sitges film Festival Spammed this Spot.