Topic: Please QUARANTINE my eyes!!!!!

I just made the biggest mistake.... I ate a hotdog before seeing Quarantine on the big screen..... big no no... I had to close my eyes for half of the movie... not because it was scary or gory, but because I felt like i was going to throw up... and i never get motion sickness, lol

Please, never make a hand held movie again... .seriously.... we wouldn't care if you cheated and used a steady cam..... those fast whip pans and over exaggerated camera shakes are not necessary..... honestly, a professional camera person knows how to keep the damn thing steady!

Hold on, BARF... lol

Re: Please QUARANTINE my eyes!!!!!

Lol haven't seen it yet but I definitely know what you mean. Hate shaky cam and I  also dislike it when they can't even focus on the person so we get several minutes of feet or ground. I also dislike band wagons and I wish some people would get off them. Blair Witch has a lot to answer for (besides being an over-rated pile of crap) Here I will hold the bucket

Yeah, that was one of the complaints I had with the movie... It fell victim to Hollywood's latest craze of "handheld" bullshit... Didn't get me sick or anything, just extremely annoying...

I was going to give the same opinion. the movie hand held point of view was too jittery. Even in the scene that explains it all like all horror has usual, the cam was to jittery to see and read and understand that part of the movie. sorry for being vague but i don't want to spoil it.

It was a good movie and it scared me. I was surprised at how good it was but the jitterness of the camera was almost as bad as Cloverfield. I would have enjoyed this much more if it was a steady cam.

i'll have to re-watch it on my tv..... the moves won't be so obvious and overwhelming.  I think the hotdog did me in!

I just got back from watching this movie, I was very disapointed since it has been getting such good reviews, there was nothing original at all about this movie.

I enjoyed it.

I think this is one of those movies that hits you in the gut, or it doesn't.  Still [REC] is so much better.

i personally like the handheld camera. it makes it feel like a real documentary.

By the way, saw Max Payne this evening... nothing remotely horror-related about this movie.

Was it any good?

http://frightflicks.blogspot.com/2008/1 … payne.html

Here's my review.  And no. *grins*

Got it, guess I'll skip it.

I would recommend that as a smart move.  It just doesn't work on any level, and I'm still a little pissed about the ad campaign.

LOL, I'm still pissed about the Happening.

Quarantine, like a few newer movies, are trying to be real and in the moment for the age of youtube.  However, this kind of movie is better at home on a much smaller screen than the movie screen.  I had that problem with some parts of Cloverfield, just had to turn away or else dinner would be EVERYWHERE:D

[REC] is one of the besy horror movies ive seen in ages. i will still see quarantine because im a movie junkie.

but seriously, if you have to buy a copy online get [REC] it kicks so much ass.  just make sure theres a subtitle option unless you speak spanish.

Quarantine - I just posted this in last horror movie you watched but need to put it here too, but it wasn't the shaky cam why I hated it..
I'm glad I saw [REC] first because this film paled in comparison.
I would rather watch [REC] and read subtitles anyday then ever watch Quarantine again! Fucken stupid remake, I just can't believe they would remake a foreign film like that, those brain dead hollywood fucks...

Thanks Y'all! smile I have [REC] love the film and have been more than sceptical about seeing the remake as a general rule. It's nothing to do with the camera but the fact that good movies like [REC] are being bastardised by other companies. After reading all these, even with those saying it is good, I think I will give this movie a wide berth. cool

It was a good movie but the hand held made it hard to follow the movie. The scene towards the end where you saw bookds and articles that explained the outbreak, well you could not read it for the fricken camera was never still enough

But [REC] is way better of a film than this piece of shit.

DemonToSome wrote:

But [REC] is way better of a film than this piece of shit.

yep, simple as that smile

I'm going to become really unpopular and have to disagree with the general consensus. I enjoyed Quarantine far more than [REC]. Maybe it was on account of what I assume to be poorly translated subtitles. Maybe it was the Mexican soap opera dialogue delivery. Maybe it was just that for me, it lacked that little X-factor that draws me into movies. For whatever reason, I found Quarantine to be much more palatable.

And in response to HoP's first comment: If you were a trained cameraman, do you think you'd care whether or not the camera was steady while you were running away from zombies?

Which brings me to my only real complaint about that movie, and all these pseudo-documentary movies: When the shit goes down, what kind of an idiot is going to hold onto the fucking camera?

Well I liked them both, but I can tell you, as soon as I saw a zombie coming at me, the only thing I'd be doing with the camera, is pounding in heads.

Word.