Topic: Fallout 3 Reviews

So it's about a week away from Fallout 3 being released in stores which means reviews will start coming in.  The first one I have seen has hit and it got a 10/10 from Official Xbox Magazine. and had this to say:

"Games this captivating do not come along often. Between its engrossing story, ginormous world, well-crafted RPG side, and white-knuckle FPS combat, Fallout 3 completely, utterly gives you your $60 worth"

I am sure we will have many more reviews to come as the days go by leading to Oct 28th.

Re: Fallout 3 Reviews

It looks like a very good game, but I am going to rent before I buy. Even though I can tell you right now, I am going to end up buying it.

My Gamestop is having a midnight release for Fallot 3 tonight.  Since I get out of work at 11, I am going to walk home and get my car and pick it up tonight.  I'll get two or three days of gaming in on it before my trip to wichita so I will give some early impressions probably thursday.  Expect a fulll review when i make enough progress to warrant one.  Problem is that could take a while as they say this is a massive game.

i will be picking it up for xbox360.... huge fan of the last two

^I am just happy that this will most likely take several times longer to complete than Dead Space. That game went to quick as I was dont in under 11 hours.  I am hoping to get at least 30 to 40 hours out of Fallout.

I'll be picking this up tonight after midnight. Never played the last 2 but played their last work Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion and loved it. So i sure this game will be as good or better than Oblivion.

jmh314 wrote:

^ I am hoping to get at least 30 to 40 hours out of Fallout.

I think i heard that Fallout 3 had like 70 hours or more of gameplay including the side quests like Elder Scrolls 4 but not exactly sure. I was gonna get Dead Space but could only afford either Dead Space or Fallout 3. Fallout 3 seems like its gonna be a long game with all the side quest from watching G4TV Attack of the Show or the other one when they had a hour long special on it.

^Yeah word is that Fallout 3 has around 100 different endings that are determined by the ways you travel and the events you encounter.  Thats a hell of a lot of options, and Elder Scrolls Oblivion was a damn long game, so even if Fallout is half that size its an easy 40 hours.

jmh314 wrote:

^Yeah word is that Fallout 3 has around 100 different endings that are determined by the ways you travel and the events you encounter.  Thats a hell of a lot of options, and Elder Scrolls Oblivion was a damn long game, so even if Fallout is half that size its an easy 40 hours.

Really! 100 different endings. Haven't heard about that. Thats gonna be sweet.

I love this franchise.  I'm going to get the special edition set for my PC, but I think I have to wait until my birthday until I actually get it.  Hate it when that happens.  Hope you like it jmh and am looking forward to your thoughts.

I got in about 3 hours of gaming between the midnight release and some time before work this morning.  Seems cool.  Menus are a little clunky.  Still trying to figure out all the menus and invetories and stuff.  Definately an RPG as the story is a LOT of interacting with people.  Havent really encountered much combat yet so looking forward to the game pickin up the pace a little bit.