Topic: My Bloody Valentine 3-D

Okay, I, for one, am against remakes of my favorite horror movies, but there is the occasional diamond in the rough (Dawn of the Dead, Hills Have Eyes, Halloween) that I wind up enjoying, but usually it's the usual Hollywood cash-in crap which results in my wanting to gouge my own eyes out with a spork (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Fog, The Wicker Man).

This one includes a crafty gimmick - the return of 3-D! I remember the summer of 1983 very well. I spent it watching 3-D movies that year, like Jaws 3-D, Friday The 13th Part 3, and Amityville 3-D (the only watchable one of the bunch turned out to be Friday, even though it was not nearly a good movie by any means).

Another good sign is that judging from the trailer, it is seeming to stay true to the original, save for renaming the town of Valentine Bluffs.

Another good reason to see it is Tom Atkins!

Also, it's not a rated PG-13 waste of time (The Fog, anyone?). This one is straight R.

I see that Sam Nicotero is in this. Any relation to Greg?

Anyone else looking forward to this one?

Re: My Bloody Valentine 3-D

I am looking forward to this one because what I have noticed lately is that the remakes are no longer cash cows, they are to keep movies alive.  Look at The Wizard of Gore, if not for Juno or Crispin Glover, that movie may very well have been forgotten in a couple of years.  Now it's okay to hold skepticism on stuff like the bigger movies, Friday, Nightmare, Hellraiser...but My Bloody Valentine never got to that large level, this movie is going to be great.

I too, am looking forward to the remake of Wizard of Gore.

Blood Feast 2 and 2001 Maniacs were very enjoyable. I wonder if Gore Gore Girls and Color Me Blood Red are next in the works...

The Wizard of Gore is a surprisingly decent remake.

I'm looking forward to the "My Bloody Valentine" remake (even if that latest poster blows out the arse).

I remember seeing a few terrible 3-D'ers in the theatre, too. Jaws 3-D, Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn. Of course, there was that awful Nightmare on Elm Street installment in which the last few fleeting minutes were 3-D ("you have to wear your special glasses to defeat Freddy". Lame).

Perhaps they'll really exploit the 3-D effect this time. Here's hoping.

It's worth seeing for the 3-D alone. The movie ain't the greatest, tired of the scooby doo whodunnit slasher, BUT there are some decent kills and again...the 3-D is frigging amazing. Todd Farmer (the writer and all around good guy) has a hilarious cameo in it too!

My theater is showing My Bloody Valentine-Not 3-D.
How shitty is that?

Read my review for my take on this truly awesome, kickass horror movie.

I thought this was definitely a worthy remake.  I really liked the original, but I have to say that I like this one better.  The 3-D was top-notch and very well done.  This should be filed under "must-see."

Yeah it was a guilty pleasure. didn't try too hard and went for what worked.