Topic: Manson is Lewis Carroll: Phantasmagoria

I have been looking out for this movie for a while now.  I am a big fan of Lewis Carroll's warped opium created word, and I like to see which direction people take with it.  Honestly, I think Manson will do it justice and be able to show a dark side to Lewis Carroll's creation.  Though it has been done before by American McGee, I would think that Manson would add his own spin on things and tweak a few things here and there.  Also, a transformation story sounds interesting.

I agree, that him hiring a magician to do special fx is a little over the top and more to gain the public's attention.  Especially, when there are directors like Gondry who managed to do everything in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with nothing more than different camera settings and sets.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this.  Any other views?

Re: Manson is Lewis Carroll: Phantasmagoria

is that the alice in wonderland stuff??? anyways it might be pretty good,rob zombies movies where alright and i here that glen danzig from the band danzig has something in the works.we need to see some freaky movies out there besides japanese horror.

This could be interesting.. I saw some test shots of the film and it looked very student film. I'm hoping he makes this more like a real film and not all abstract and whatnot. I really disliked Eraserhead so I hope he doesn't try to do something like that. Thats my fear with this movie. That Manson will try and be outlandish so he'll make a movie thats just so out of this world that it just totally alienates the viewer..

For everyone else this is the article we are all talking about...

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6099.html

So this is the film that a lot of folk have been saying "American McGee's Alice" but without American McGee and without the relevance...to me the narrator job has been relatively annoying in movies, self narration is good if used in the right circumstances (ala Sin City), but having Manson's voice in a Series of Unfortunate Events idea would be a wee bit redundant to me.

His voice annoys me so much, but of course it's not going to be a critically acclaimed movie is it (unless reviewed by Bizarre like magazines about spiritualism and symbolism)? It'll be for Manson fans and possibly fans of other stars in the movie.

I never thought I' say this: I'm mroe excited abotu Snoop Dogg's second movie deal than this, Drop it like it's hot *rolls eyes*

Ha yea I gotta agree with ya Dean, I'm more exicited about Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror than I am about this project.. I have a soft spot for horror anthologies. Plus Manson always seems to just want to do the craziest of the wall thing just to get people talking..

I am definitely more excited about Manson's movie than Snoop Dogg's  movie.  I mean no offense to Snoop Dogg, but I cannot stand rap music and I probably will not be able to stand his rap horror movie.  I also did not like Bones.

Heh, I don't mind Snoop's rap, he doesn't take himself seriously, but Manson, 70% of the time takes the "it's so weird, for our target audience of teens who want to seem different" (NOTE - I listen to Manson music, but I think his ideas tend to go out to the teens who try to be "different").

I won't mind it being symbolic in a theatrical way, that's my first calling, but I see it going arse up with, well, mind fucking ideas. But I'm just going too far into something which is in pre-production...

If they let American McGee go ahead with his Oz project we'd be able to see a real thriller/Alice type of deal.

This is how I found this forum.....
Checking out Manson's Phantasmagoria.

I really can't imagine what to expect from it. I wonder if it's going to be all hallucinogenic in nature. Magic Shrooms and all

DemonToSome wrote:

This is how I found this forum.....
Checking out Manson's Phantasmagoria.

I really can't imagine what to expect from it. I wonder if it's going to be all hallucinogenic in nature. Magic Shrooms and all

That could be a great promotion smile

And welcome to the site ther DTS.

Thanks for the welcome Dean Valent