Topic: Fear(s) Of The Dark

http://images.apple.com/trailers/independent/images/fearsofthedark_200809251636.jpg

Peur(s) du noir "Fears of the Dark" looks pretty intriguing, it's too bad it will probably never make it to most theaters and be gobbled up by the lackluster, I mean blockbusters.

FEAR(S) OF THE DARK is a wildly inventive and visually dazzling collection of fearful tales by six of the world’s most renowned comic and graphic artists - Blutch, Charles Burns, Marie Caillou, Pierre Di Sciullo, Lorenzo Mattotti, and Richard McGuire. From a besotted student whose girlfriend is weirdly ardent in her affections, to a Japanese schoolgirl menaced by a long-dead samurai, and a pack of hounds on a bloodthirsty rampage, FEAR(S) has a story strand to trouble every sleep - not to mention a stunning range of animation styles. Shot in shimmering black and white, the six intertwined tales create an unprecedented epic where phobias and nightmares come to life and reveal Fear at its most naked and intense.

Official Site:http://www.ifcfilms.com/viewFilm.htm?filmId=856

Last edited by JoeTerror (2008-10-29 07:04:15)

Re: Fear(s) Of The Dark

i saw a trailer for this and it looks creepy.  Can't wait to see it in the states

Why has this not been released in Canada yet?? It didn't come to the art house theatre in Calgary (or I didn't notice) and where is the dvd/blu-ray release?? I realy want to check this out.

Like most anthology films, it's a bit uneven. I could have done without the geometry-like animations, but it's worth checking out just for Charles Burn marvelous piece.

will wait to watch the fears of the dark movie video as it appears a good creepy movie from the discussion.

when will it be avalible in the States?

myersfan72 wrote:

when will it be avalible in the States?

I noticed while searching around Blockbuster that it's available there. That's the only place you can get it at the moment, I think.