Topic: Return of the Living Dead Box Set

If your like me you read Return of the Living Dead - Box Set and got all excited. Well you can still be excited but its not ALL the films. Its only the latest 2 films, part 4 and 5. You can decide if its good or bad that you dont get 1, 2 and 3 but o...

Read More : Return of the Living Dead Box Set

Re: Return of the Living Dead Box Set

Meh, you were absolutely right.  When I saw news for a Return of the Living Dead box set, I jumped with joy... only to find out that it contains the worst films in the series.  To me, the only good film was the original which is one of my favories.  I'll be passing on this box set.

Heh yea.. Mike tricked me on this one.. The box set looks kick ass.. Until you realize what atrocities were commited on the inside..

I feel the same way.  This is a disappointment in terms of box sets.  Just as much of a disappointment as the Child's Play box set... not that I am a huge Child's Play fan, but still.

Box set.... what the hell. That is a rediculous set.

When I saw it I went

"Holy Shit this is gonna be awesome!  All the movies from 1-5, given stellar DVD treatments plus an extra disc or two filled with documentaries about the series and interviews with O'Bannon, the cast and crew of all the movies. "

Basically...I expected the ALIEN Quadrilogy for this.  Very disappointed at such a missed oppurtunity.

yeah honestly i thought it woudl be the complete set to Golden.

I'd rather just purchase the first and second film seperately.. It would be much cheaper then paying for the crappy sequels that followed..

Well guys I thought the same thing, maybe we should put a disclaimer in the articles title.

Although, I will probably pick this up to be a completionist.

TheDudeWithTheShotgun wrote:

I feel the same way.  This is a disappointment in terms of box sets.  Just as much of a disappointment as the Child's Play box set... not that I am a huge Child's Play fan, but still.

Actually, the newest Chucky DVD box set is pretty kickass.  And remember that this is comin' from the guy that that thought Chucky was a disgrace to the horror genre.  It's not all that buying Child's Play seperately... it costs, what?  Five bux?  Hehe... I like it.

TiM the Zombie wrote:
TheDudeWithTheShotgun wrote:

Actually, the newest Chucky DVD box set is pretty kickass.  And remember that this is comin' from the guy that that thought Chucky was a disgrace to the horror genre.  It's not all that buying Child's Play seperately... it costs, what?  Five bux?  Hehe... I like it.

My only problem is that they do not include Child's Play with the box (not that I own it).  And even though I know it is a matter of which group owns what movies, I feel that Child's Play was the only good movie.  It is like someone releasing a Texas Chainsaw Massacre box set and not including the first one by Hooper and making it just two and three... though then again I love two and three.

Yeah, that is a minor set back.  I like a lot of films in the Chucky series, so I guess it's different for me.  It just came down to who owned the rights to what...

Goon wrote:

I'd rather just purchase the first and second film seperately.. It would be much cheaper then paying for the crappy sequels that followed..

lol you are confusing me. #1 and #2 are not in the box set, so buying the box set wouldnt get you #1 and #2 anyways. No more vodka on your cheerios.

lol

I am planning to get the first and second some day.  Dunno when that day will come.

#1 and 2 kick ass , well worth buying.

Meh wrote:

#1 and 2 kick ass , well worth buying.

Yes they do and yes they are...

"Shit set" tongue

if any of oyou have seen 4 and 5 be sure to review them on your morguespace so i can see what the consensus is. I might buy this.

i had heard bad things about 4 and 5, and I happen to catch part of 4 on Sci/Fi a few weeks back and it looked really bad so i passed it over. I someone gives it a good review I may give it another try but I seriously doubt it's woth buying the box set.

i like 1 and 2 i consider both classic. neva really fucked wit tha otherz