Topic: Thanksgiving Horror Films

Since Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, I figured we could make a list of all the Thanksgiving themed horror films (if there are any).

No, Eli Roth's faux trailer doesn't count...

Re: Thanksgiving Horror Films

Theres only two I can think of. 

There is ThanXgiving which I saw here at a festival in Chicago starring Ari Lehman.  It's extremely low budget but some decent fun.  I believe the DVD for it is called ThanXgiving: Dead Harvest.

The other is ThanksKilling but that has yet to be released.  It was supposed to hit DVD something this month but havent heard anything about a date or if thats still happening.

Gobble Gobble Motherfucker!

Yeah, I was wondering what happened with "ThanksKilling".  I remember discussing the trailer a while back.  It would be great if someone could provide some info on a release date or something.

^All i know on it was it was set to debut on DVD this month.  Their myspace page has the DVD art as a picture, but it says "looking for distribution" in the corner.  Other than that I dont see anything about a DVD their or the movies official site either.

Blood Freak (1972) is the penultimate Thanksgiving horror!
It involves some acid spiked turkey meat eaten by a malcontent who eventually sports a turkey head, kills druggies and gobbles thru the rest of the film, has to be seen to be believed
You just can't make that shit up LOL

There is also Home Sweet Home, the slasher from 1981, where an escaped mental patient breaks out on thanksgiving and goes to a family's home to terrorize their Thanksgiving celebration.

^ Thats the one I was going to list.

deadhorse13 wrote:

Blood Freak (1972) is the penultimate Thanksgiving horror!
It involves some acid spiked turkey meat eaten by a malcontent who eventually sports a turkey head, kills druggies and gobbles thru the rest of the film, has to be seen to be believed
You just can't make that shit up LOL

"Blood Freak" is an amazing movie, I just never really thought of it as a Thanksgiving horror film.  You know, aside from the Turkey.  tongue

It's a Turkey Monster, accept no substitutes! Again, amazing. It was a Christian exploitation film (warning of the dangers of sex and drugs), and the narrator towards the end goes into a
coughing fit - priceless. Gobble! Gobble!

It even spawned a pretty popular band:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =197066154

Well Thanksgiving is only a couple weeks away and I sure wish the the film Thankskilling was out on dvd by now......."gobble gobble motherfucker":lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOjSRoxc6mg[/youtube]

Thankskilling is coming to DVD Nov. 24th. I can't wait to buy a copy. Blood Rage is also a pretty cool thanksgiving slasher. But it's not out on DVD.

Looking forward to Thankskilling big_smile

So am I, it's not everday I get to see a Turkey go on a killing spree LOL.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2009-11-15 13:59:25)

Correction: Thankskilling is coming out Nov. 17th not the 24th.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2009-11-15 14:17:13)