Topic: Left 4 Dead Game Reviews... ?

I am quite shocked that nobody has submitted a review for Left 4 Dead yet. The latest zombie game that has been put out by VALVE who are the masterminds behind Half Life and Half Life 2. I myself have not picked up a copy but will be depending on wha...

Read More : Left 4 Dead Game Reviews... ?

Re: Left 4 Dead Game Reviews... ?

Havent gotten it yet.  Currently enjoying the hell out of Gears 2 online and playing Mirrors Edge.   I wasnt overly impressed with the L4D demo, so I decided to wait

I cannot WAIT to play this game.  I have been immersing myself in demos and its driving me crazy that I can't get my hands on it yet.

Got this a couple of days ago. Despite no story mode, just about trying to survive its a pretty fun game to play and worth getting it. All my friends are gonna get it today so we all can play online( you can also play as zombies against human online which is really new ). I usually like playing as Zoey or Francis or my friends would call Chuck Liddel since he looks like him.

BEWARE OF THE WITCH!

Well, I got the game on day 1 as usual and while the multiplayer is really cool and chaotic, the single player campaign is nothing to write home about.
That seems to be the trend these days, ... concentrate on a great multiplayer online experience and leave people that love the single player campaigns to the dogs.
Since I play multiplayer about twice a month, it's a bit disappointing.
I would write a full review but honestly, I just summed up my feelings about the game in 2 sentences......Great multiplayer, shitty single player. It's not the best looking game either, the Zombies are FAST and plentiful...rent before you buy, it might not be what you think.

severen wrote:

Got this a couple of days ago. Despite no story mode, just about trying to survive its a pretty fun game to play and worth getting it. All my friends are gonna get it today so we all can play online( you can also play as zombies against human online which is really new ). I usually like playing as Zoey or Francis or my friends would call Chuck Liddel since he looks like him.

BEWARE OF THE WITCH!

Francis doesn't look like Chuck. At all. Your friends suck.

As far as the game goes, it's a lot of fun to play. The only aggravating aspect is no checkpoints. If you die 10 feet from the next safe room...tough. It's back to the last one for you. On expert, it's almost impossible to get through the hordes and special infected. Still, I think it warrants a purchase by both FPS fans and zombie fans.

will it play on my Sony Dreamcast? LOL
(I'm a little rustic in the gaming area) looks friggin' sweet tho
looks like we've come a long way since Zombies Ate My Neighbors COTI (chuckling on the inside)

TheFecalKid wrote:

On expert, it's almost impossible to get through the hordes and special infected.

That'll be are main goal. Is to complete all stages on experts. Haven't tried it yet on expert but my friends has and they said they couldn't even get to the next safe room.

moviemaven wrote:

I cannot WAIT to play this game.  I have been immersing myself in demos and its driving me crazy that I can't get my hands on it yet.

Well you know im buying it baby, so we will be playing it dont worry, we gotta feed our zombie addiction!

A review?  How bout' this:

Left 4 Dead is the best video game I have played in a long, long time...

No joke.

I wrote a review and submit it, not sure if I did it right, though, I just followed the link from the post.

nice that some reviews came in. Thanks for sharing. I ended up buying it based on the reviews. I have to admit hte single player BLOWS. Their is no story mode as pointed out and that to me is a major let down. I find the game boring after only playing it an hour in single player. I suppose multiplayer will be better but how can you make a game that has no story nad no point other then running around?