Topic: Left 4 Dead Has no Story?

I am really dissapointed to find that the single player left 4 dead has no story at all. I have not played the multiplayer so two part question

is anyone else dissapointed in the lack of story mode for single player ?
is there story mode in the multiplayer ?

Re: Left 4 Dead Has no Story?

I was disappointed that there seemed to be no story just from playing the demo.

From what I have played, multiplayer is just trying to survive wave after wave of zombie, again with no story

they'll be no room for exposition during the apocalypse

I kinda liked that there wasn't any story mode( felt like an arcade game to me). Everyone is compelled to put a story to a zombie flick or game that they all end up the same story and i consider this a break. Because in zombie apocalypse all there is to do is survive. So it didn't bothered me at all.

deadhorse13 wrote:

they'll be no room for exposition during the apocalypse

Hell yeah big_smile

Thats how I feel. I know its a video game, but it makes it a little realistic. Like how it would be if it was just you and a small group alone against a mass of zombies. I'm still eager to play smile

just wish it had some more clear cuts goals other then shoot.. shoot.. shoot some more. It gets old really quick.

Meh wrote:

just wish it had some more clear cuts goals other then shoot.. shoot.. shoot some more. It gets old really quick.

I agree even though I havent played more than the demo.  When you think about it, any game is the same thing over and over, but the storyline and progression is what keeps them from getting stale quickly. 

Everyone I talked to says L4D shouldnt offer a single player campaign as the only fun is the online multiplayer.

yeah i have not played online yet but can say the single player although visually cool gets very old very quickly. I am going to give the multiplayer  a shot soon. Just dont have an xboxonline account yet.

While i know the single player wont offer much, I decided to pick up this game today.  I bought a used copy of Far Cry 2, didnt enjoy it much so I returned it for a used copy of L4D.  Just looking forward to playing online as i have a lot of friends that do and love it.  I even picked up a new wireless headset to talk some shit with cause my wired one was flickering out and I had a giftcard.

we will have to play together online Justin cause I HATE the single player.

lol I'll play through the single player a little just to get used to the controls and get some achievements, then its off to multiplayer zombie destruction

i played this for about 2 weeks and got tired of it.. bak to CoD

not because of the fact of the minimal if not no story line... but also because there are only 4 maps.. and my PC isnt the most powerful, so i had  to run it at low quality

Last edited by ZOMBlE (2009-03-19 20:58:03)

I enjoyed it for about 5 minutes, now I'm going to sell my copy, anyone want it, PM me

i still cant get into this game. I will have to setup a game online and play. So far this game is a snooze fest for me to.