Topic: World Horror Convention

http://www.whc2007.org/

First the first time in Canada, in Toronto. An event in itself I guess.

Will be going. I saw some other Torontonians here, anyone else going?

Re: World Horror Convention

i am not far from TO. I would go but frankly it doesnt look like its worth my time. Am I alone in thinking the guest list is pretty lame?

Will they be screening anything? I didnt see it on the page.

No your not alone thinking that Meh. So far it doesn't look like much

i wouldnt pay $140 to go. Throw on a few names like Romero, Savini ( for goon ) and Carpenter and I would go.

All guests of honour are writers, so it would perhaps take more to get the film makers above. I'll go, on the account that I live on the same freaking corner...

you got more money then me. I woould go if it wasnt so expensive. Thats to much money for that kind of a lineup.

Well, I don't know about money, but I probably wouldn't go if they weren't neighbours.

I believe that particular convention is essentially horror literature....

Might be cool, but not $140 cool...

ahh ok that makes sense then if its a literature convention. Perhpas literary fans would pay that price, but for me as a film fan its to much money, for no really interesting horror film stuff.

Except for the fact that I just bought Mort Castle's On Writing Horror on ebay - the first edition I might add...I don't know any of the names listed that are attending this "World" Convention...Toronto's eyes always seem bigger than its belly when it comes to using such gargantuous words as "world"...who are these people?

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-01-19 21:06:11)

And Meh your reputation exceeds you...gimmme some!

you see shakingman they use WORLD because Toronto has ME, and my reputation says it all... plus just look at me... LOOK AT THIS FACE!!

What are the attractions? Is it like the CHAINSAW awards or a FANGORIA convention?

its all in the link he pasted.

It's all crap. Unless they get some bigger names this exhibition will die a dismal death.

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-01-21 02:20:55)

Although World Horror Convention 2007 is predominantly a literary event, we will have a film programme running in the King Room (2nd level meeting rooms) throughout the Friday and Saturday, from 10:00 am to midnight. Much of this will, of course, be based around our Guests of Honour, but we will also be programming some special events for those horror film fans who are attending.

We are delighted to present a very special preview of Rojak Films' CHILL (Dir: Serge Rodnunsky). Loosely inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's short story "Cool Air", CHILL is a new contemporary horror film starring Thomas Calabro (TV's MELROSE PLACE), Ashley Laurence (HELLRAISER), Shaun Kurtz and James Russo (THE NINTH GATE).

For fans of the old Universal and Hammer horror films, we are also pleased to present to Canadian premiere of Colorbox Studios' THE WITCH'S DUNGEON:  40 YEARS OF CHILLS (Dir: Dennis Vincent). Celebrating the non-profit Bristol, Connecticut, museum of "Hollywood Horrors" created four decades ago by Cortlandt Hull, this fascinating and entertaining two-hour documentary features appearances by a host of celebrities and fans, including Christopher Lee, Sara Karloff, Bela G. Lugosi, Ron Chaney, Dick Smith, Tom Savini, June Foray, Basil Gogos, Zacherley the Cool Ghoul, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Ben Chapman, Ricou Browning, Michael Ripper, Veronica Carlson, Caroline Munro, Rex Reason, Dee Wallace Stone, Bob Burns, Forrest J Ackerman and many others.

To ensure that everybody has the opportunity to see CHILL and THE WITCH'S DUNGEON: 40 YEARS OF CHILLS, they will be shown on both the Friday and the Saturday at various times. Please refer to the Film Programme in your delegate bag for details of these and other screenings.

please see www.whc2007.org   -- for further news on film programming ---

2007 World Horror Convention ---

SPECIAL MEDIA GUEST OF HONOUR

PETER ATKINS has scripted HELLBOUND: HELLRAISER II, the first sequel to Clive Barker's ground-breaking horror film franchise, and he continued the exploits of Pinhead and his demonic Cenobites in HELLRAISER III: HELL ON EARTH (1992) and HELLRAISER: BLOODLINE (1996). The following year he created his own franchise character when he wrote WISHMASTER. So far there have been three movie sequels based on his characters—and Atkins himself revisited the franchise in an unusual manner when he adapted the first movie into the stage musical THE DJINN (2001), complete with cockney Vaudevillians and Commedia dell'Arte clowns with electric guitars.

www.whc2007.org

thanks for posting mandy. Clearly this event is for fans of horror literature, not horror film fans.

hey I wouldn't mind knocking back a few beers with Brian Keene:)

mandy2007 wrote:

Although World Horror Convention 2007 is predominantly a literary event, we will have a film programme running in the King Room (2nd level meeting rooms) throughout the Friday and Saturday, from 10:00 am to midnight. Much of this will, of course, be based around our Guests of Honour, but we will also be programming some special events for those horror film fans who are attending.

We are delighted to present a very special preview of Rojak Films' CHILL (Dir: Serge Rodnunsky). Loosely inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's short story "Cool Air", CHILL is a new contemporary horror film starring Thomas Calabro (TV's MELROSE PLACE), Ashley Laurence (HELLRAISER), Shaun Kurtz and James Russo (THE NINTH GATE).

For fans of the old Universal and Hammer horror films, we are also pleased to present to Canadian premiere of Colorbox Studios' THE WITCH'S DUNGEON:  40 YEARS OF CHILLS (Dir: Dennis Vincent). Celebrating the non-profit Bristol, Connecticut, museum of "Hollywood Horrors" created four decades ago by Cortlandt Hull, this fascinating and entertaining two-hour documentary features appearances by a host of celebrities and fans, including Christopher Lee, Sara Karloff, Bela G. Lugosi, Ron Chaney, Dick Smith, Tom Savini, June Foray, Basil Gogos, Zacherley the Cool Ghoul, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Ben Chapman, Ricou Browning, Michael Ripper, Veronica Carlson, Caroline Munro, Rex Reason, Dee Wallace Stone, Bob Burns, Forrest J Ackerman and many others.

To ensure that everybody has the opportunity to see CHILL and THE WITCH'S DUNGEON: 40 YEARS OF CHILLS, they will be shown on both the Friday and the Saturday at various times. Please refer to the Film Programme in your delegate bag for details of these and other screenings.

please see www.whc2007.org   -- for further news on film programming ---

This sounds interesting ; however. it's too far away from Ohio.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

hey I wouldn't mind knocking back a few beers with Brian Keene:)

brian keene is a cool guy, pretty darn sure we interviewed him smile

<<<<<<thanks for posting mandy. Clearly this event is for fans of horror literature, not horror film fans.>>>>

Yes, I'm afraid the conference is a literary one.  But we will have a few screenwriters and writers who love horror movies attending.  But if you are looking for a full-blown media conference -- you are best to check out the Rue Morgue Festival in Toronto.

Next year, World Horror Convention takes place in Utah.

Well literature is awesome, its just takes time. I published and then stopped writing for that precise reason. In other words I became lazy.

I will go to the Convention seeing that its on my corner.

Mandy we cover the fearfest every year. Rod Gudino is a friend of mine smile. Good luck with your literature event!

the world horror convention doesn't look that good but the rue morgue festival of fear is gonna be killer