Topic: What is the sickest/grossest/most nausiating movie you've ever seen?

Hello fiends— 

Y'all can actually help me with my horror script I'm writing.  For one of the set ups, I need to name check a truly disgusting movie... the kind that actually sends people to running to the bathrooms or vomitorium.

So who better to ask that you, the creme de la creme of horror fans?

What's the grossest flick YOU'VE ever seen?  And for bonus points, WHY?

Re: What is the sickest/grossest/most nausiating movie you've ever seen?

Cannibal Holocaust

its definatly a brutal movie, made even more by the fact that real animals were killed on set.  Besides that the gore effects and such is very realisitic and I nearly vomited...mostly because I was eating a pizza when I was watching.  Its mentally brutal and pretty sick I think, but still a good film and classic.

i tend to avoid films that are sick.

I can't really say. Cannibal Holocaust didn't effect me at all so I can't think of any real sick vomit inducing movie.

alotta ppl thought that saw was very brutal and i kno 2 ppl that threw up when he cut his own foot off. other than that, i cant really think of any horror thats very brutal. alotta war movies hav ppl gettin blown apaert and intestines hanging outta ppl.

Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer

I thought Trash People was pretty sick.  The only movie though that made me ill was The Blair Witch Proj because it was filmed in "shaky cam" hand held... yes, I got motion sick let's not make an issue of it... LOL

Faces of Death (1978) - Written and Directed by John Alan Schwartz

It's basically a bunch of death scenes.  Some real, some not.  Some parts made me sick... i.e. the autopsy scene and the real suicide scene... it's truly a shocking and disgusting film.

I think the movie is called Squirm, but I havn't watched it again to verify.

When I was about 12 we sat down to eat dinner and watch a movie. In one scene in the movie a guy is eating and he mistakenly starts eating worms. It was the sickest thing I had ever seen.

As for the movie, I think it turned out that if you ate the worms you turn into a giant worm, or something like that.

Yeah, it's called Squirm.  It's an old grindhouse film.  One of my favorites.

Usually moments in film that make me feel a little queasy are when it involves food.. Case in point the moment in Poltergeist when the guy is eating chicken and it turns into maggots..

There is also another movie The Willies where these kids are talking about urban legends.. One of them is about the rat getting into a bucket of chicken.. Yikes.. they show those overly obese women just chomp down on the critter.. man...

Mommie Dearest

The Fog remake, I got nauseated seeing what they did to the original!

I watched this thing on HBO once it was about people killing animals in different countrys it was horrible if I ever saw it on tape I would burn it and give it back to the person..it was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen..

eating spagetti and watching Reanimator isn't a good mix.....

Cannibal Holocaust

This film was very disturbing to me.  Ever since I was a little kid, any cruelty to animals would make me very upset.  My parents still remind me of the first time I saw the original King Kong.  Apparently I had no problem with Kong killing people but when he was shot and killed, I started crying and yelling "stop hurting the monkey".

Cannibal Holocaust is worse because the cruelty to the animals was actually real.  I can't handle that.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

eating spagetti and watching Reanimator isn't a good mix.....

See now that right there is the reason I can't seem to answer this myself.  I used to host BBQ or Lasagna dinners and show Romero's Dead trilogy. (back when it WAS a trilogy). 

And my cynical buddies thought I was jaded because Se7en and Blue Velvet didn't affect me.  (i kept laughing through Blue Velvet).

Honestly it takes a LOT for a movie to repulse me.  And I need something that will send half a theater running for the bathrooms. 

I haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust yet... can you cite scenes that might have that effect on an unsuspecting audience?

Ive seen C.halocaust but it was too long ago, but i didn`t know scenes in it was real. i hate real life shit because it`s around you everyday and you dont want to see it in flicks or i dont, because i watch the flicks to escape real lide for a bit. the sickest movie for me is i spit on your grave.the rape scenes in that are over the top and sometimes over the top makes a good horror movie and ive seen other movies with rape scenes but i find this movie just swick. the only reason it seemed to get infamous was the bathtub scene where the vivtom gets her revenge... still it does nothing for me but make me feel sick. cheers

shit sorry about my typing.i have no control over my fingers but it makes life interesting. cheers again...

I haven't seen anything that really made me sick, but in the House of Wax remake, when the girl got the tip of her finger cut off, nd the guy put it in his pocket, that grossed me out a little.

I dunno what it was about it...

Mirthquake wrote:

I haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust yet... can you cite scenes that might have that effect on an unsuspecting audience?

Cannibal Holocaust is an Italian film made released in 1980.  After only 5 days of release, the prints were seized and the director (Ruggero Diodato) was arrested for creating a snuff film.  Apparently the authorities thought the documentary style coupled with realistic human torture meant that he actually killed members of his cast.  In fact, he had to bring cast members to court to prove that they were still alive.  However, it is the cruelty to animals that really makes this film disturbing.

For the purpose of the film, many animals were mutilated and tortured.  Turtles were disemboweled and decapitated as well as a rodent was skinned alive.  It is these acts of cruelty that had the film banned in many countries under their animal protection acts.

The film is interesting in that it is the grandfather of latter indie films such as "The Blair Witch Project" and "The Last Broadcast" where the writer uses a documentary approach to tell a fictionalized story.

I'm curious if this style of filmmaking can happen now that the internet opens up so much of what is happening behind the scenes of today's films.

Maybe it would help if you knew the story beats of the situation... Here's the "prose" version of it, using my original "Romero" notations... (I'm thinking he's too —lord help us — mainstream to really gross anyone out to this extreme.)

Chainsaw stumbled out of the Roxy Cinema, his bladder full to the point of bursting. "That is the last lime that I go through 4 extra large Dr. Peppers during a film festival!" he asid to himself as he made his way toward the alley adjacent to the movie house. It wouldn't be so bad, save for the fact that so many uninitiated people had stormed the restrooms sick during the first reel of Dawn of the Dead, that they were completely out of order. Now he was missing the carnage in the final reel of its sequel, Day of the Dead.

"Man, I bet that that one zombie is getting the shovel in the mouth right now!" he complained out loud. Chainsaw, never known for his inner monologue, made his way to a dark area in the alley, and opened his fly.

I'm kinda leaning toward a Miike double feature of "Ichi" and "Audition"... but I haven't seen 'em!  (I'm in Kansas... you can't FIND this stuff here!)

I know one thing I won't be watching cannibal holocaust and I never turn down a horror movie but this one I will..I can't watch anything with real animal cruelty..

Another nauseating flick would be Takashi Miike's Imprint... that torture scene... damn.