Topic: Dead Silence

Just "saw" the preview for James Wan and Leigh Whannel's new movie Dead Silence. The trailer's really solid, and I'll definitely be keeping up with this one.

Re: Dead Silence

i really want to see it them dolls look freaky as hell ans with the people with there getting the toungues cut out of there mouthes looks like a freaky movie.

From the minds that brought you Saw... anything can happen.  Trailer looks awesome.  I can't wait to see this one.  And Meh was right, it seems like Wan has some sort of doll fetish.  Oh well, makes for some creepy shit.

Yea the trailer is rockin..Hopefully the movie will be too.. I think Wan can definetly pull it off.. I'm surprised this movie has been collecting dust for so long.. That kind of make me weary about the movie..

I saw the trailer with the Hitcher, and I have to say I'm pretty excited. James and Leigh are amazing, and I'm sure this film will be great.

maybe its kinda out of topic but i didnt like saw2 and 3....saw 1 was great though

trailer for dead silence for those who have not watched it yet http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … ce_trailer

I watched the Dead Silence trailer via Terror Feed on the site here a few days ago, and loved it. Hope it dosen't disappoint, as with a lot of films these days early promise for a film turns into disappointment.

Just watched the 6 new clips from Dead Silence, news of which was posted on the site yesterday. I think I'm looking forward to, and going to enjoy this film more than the Saw films.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2007-03-14 17:30:45)

Check out the film's website.  Pretty creepy stuff.

http://www.deadsilencemovie.net/

my buddy just seen it the other day..he said not to much can make him jump...but this movie, he said, was intense..one of the best scary movies he has seen. i gotta see this movie for myself.

I hate dolls anyway.  Creepy little bastards just staring straight ahead.  I loved this movie.  When they are at the abandoned theater if you watch real close, the puppet from SAW is hiding there.  Not to spoil, but you gotta watch real close.  Hope there's a Dead Silence 2.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

I hate dolls anyway.  Creepy little bastards just staring straight ahead.  I loved this movie.  When they are at the abandoned theater if you watch real close, the puppet from SAW is hiding there.  Not to spoil, but you gotta watch real close.  Hope there's a Dead Silence 2.

hee hee hee, I collect dolls, the soft cloth kind called primitives, I like them xtremely ugly and tattered, grey stingy wool for hair, the pumpkin head dolls are my faves, I have them arranged all over my living room. BOO!!
I have heard zero neg about this film and 100% positive, can't wait to see it:)

Yeah, especially the dolls in "Dead Silence".  Some of them, man, were just plain creepy.  Good stuff.

I saw DS last week....ehhh, I thought it was okay, I liked the far-fetched ending, made sense I guess.....the dolls were indeed creepy as shit, and I really like how everything became "Dead Silent" (hehe) when Mary Shaw came around....I'd give it a 7/10, good eye candy and worth the $10 ticket.

The movie sucked. Lame story, lamer scares. James Wan really dropped the ball with this one. It probably worked better for kids than adults.

alex1176 wrote:

The movie sucked. Lame story, lamer scares. James Wan really dropped the ball with this one. It probably worked better for kids than adults.

bahahahaha

The ending did it for me. Hell to James and Leigh

anyone know when it comes out on DVD?

i liked it alot...8 outta 10 I'd say...I thought it was really well paced...Not alot of downtime in this one..Good stuff..

i just recently saw it and i liked it a lot. i would have never expected what happened at the end it was crazy

I give this movie a 9 of 10.  Excellent story, but i was left wanting a lot more about her history.  Otherwise, superb movie...give me a prequel and let me have the info i desire!  Direct to DVD would be sufficient

I liked the film, but found the ending "twist" to be a little too unbeliveable. One thing to point out is near the end they reveal the dad has taken the doll from the crazy woman. Exactly how did that work? Seems like lazy storytelling to me......

I just got this one; going to try to watch it tonight. smile

I thought that this movie was brilliant! Loved the Gothic nature of it and I thought that they story was good. Loved the tie-in from beginning to the final scene. I thought it was well acted and nice to see an Aussie (from the soaps) in this. I have a thing for dolls so the idea struck a cord with me. Enjoyed the deaths and found them creepy and grotesque. The movie went back to the days of tension and spacing so that knots and butterflies could churn around in your body as you await the next death/moment. Particularly loved the old theatre and all the dolls in the glass boxes. And I don't know about you but Billy and Mary sure scared me. The dad bit was intense too. Boo!