Topic: Best Horror Actor

Cast your vote. Win nothing! Well except for Meh's respect!

Hi, Meh! Pass out that prize pack yet?

Re: Best Horror Actor

All of the actors listed above played some sort of universal monster... except Vincent Price.  He got my vote.

I chose Bela because of the large number of cult classics he was in.  I met Vincent Price twice. He gave the same speech at both engagements and chatted with me afterward. Super guy! He was mad that JAWS was considered more scary ,at the time ,than THE EXORCIST.

Vincent Price got my vote. Hell of an actor.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

All of the actors listed above played some sort of universal monster... except Vincent Price.  He got my vote.

WRONG! He was in ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN; he played THE INVISIBLE MAN. He was also in THE INVISIBLE MAN RETURNS. Same character, same company:UNIVERSAL.

Snap!

Heh, chill out man... I'm not an expert on the oldies.  I based my conclusions on what I have seen.

Vincent Price

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Heh, chill out man... I'm not an expert on the oldies.  I based my conclusions on what I have seen.

I only want your soul.

That I can do.  Wait... are you the devil?

I am no one.

I picked Karloff specifically because you specified HORROR actor.  But as an actor in general, or as a comedy actor, I'd have to give the nod to Price.

My dad was a dead ringer for the man.

When I think horror I think Vincent Price.  He was truly one of the greatest horror actors ever and was able to turn anything frightening.

I went with Vincent Price awsome movies. If I recall right vicent was a wizard in alot of his movies. but they are all great actors in there own way Boris Karloff as frankenstein, Bela lugosi as dracula and Lon Chaney jr. as the wolfman. So it was hard to chose because they all have different specialties. My vote if there would of been best wolfman Chaney,best dracula Lugosi,best frankenstein Karloff and best wizard Price

i adore vincent price. i had to go with him.

Vincient Price....I mean the guy has his own ZZ Top song tongue

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Vincient Price....I mean the guy has his own ZZ Top song tongue

He's also on ALICE COOPER'S WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE album. Of course Thriller, but that SUCKS! Anyway, where can I find this ZZ TOP song? Thanks.

For you tod........

Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'awl's neighborhood
And whosoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the hounds of hell
And rot inside a corpse's shell
The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller

I gave my vote to VP just because of the man's been in sooo many pictures, but as ususual my fave is not on the list.  It would have been Lon Chaney Sr.  The Man of a Thousand Faces!

The song is on the album Rhythmeen and of course is called Vincent Price Blues.

I have to go with Vincent Price

What style, what timing, what rapier wit, I go with Mr. Price

Yea its a shame Lon Chaney Sr. wasnt' on the list... He would have had my vote hands down.. But with the current list I had to go with Vincent Price..

666 wrote:

I went with Vincent Price awsome movies. If I recall right vicent was a wizard in alot of his movies. but they are all great actors in there own way Boris Karloff as frankenstein, Bela lugosi as dracula and Lon Chaney jr. as the wolfman. So it was hard to chose because they all have different specialties. My vote if there would of been best wolfman Chaney,best dracula Lugosi,best frankenstein Karloff and best wizard Price

Hey, check out Pit and the Pendulum, Fall of the House of Usher, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, Dr. Phibes Rises Again, The House of Wax, (the original) The Fly, The Last Man on Earth...there ain't no wizards in those performances...in fact I don't know of any film that VP stars as a wizard.

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-01-22 14:07:53)

Price was a wizard in The Raven