Topic: There should be a forum for Horror novels!

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I know this site is all about horror movies, but why not talk about horror books too. Some of them are made into movies.

Anyone here read Richard Laymon? neutral

Re: There should be a forum for Horror novels!

This might be spam but I'll respond anyway, Richard Laymon is my favorite author, I've read almost everyone of his books and loved everyone of them. Especially The Traveling Vampire Show and Night in the Lonesome October.

Richard Laymon is a God! I just finished The Woods Are Dark, what an amazing book. I'm currently reading All Hallows Eve. By far my favorite author. Its such a loss for the horror community that he died so young. When are people in Hollywood going to wake up and start making movies from his books.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

This might be spam but I'll respond anyway

lol

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Richard Laymon is my favorite author, I've read almost everyone of his books and loved everyone of them. Especially The Traveling Vampire Show and Night in the Lonesome October.

I've read Lonesome and a couple others. The Cellar is really the one to read. After reading that I have to hide the covers of Laymon's books when I read them on the subway or anywhere in public. Scandalous sh*t. It's good to know there's a group of freaks out there who get a kick out of his work.

I'm reading Funland right now. A friend got it from England cause you can't get it in North America. I'll find out why soon enough.

I'd like to see an Indie filmaker bring this stuff to the screen.

Last edited by UndeadRockR (2008-12-20 02:18:44)

I was pretty sure there used to be a section of the site to discuss books, but I really don't know what happened to it.

Anyway I've never heard of Richard Laymon hmm

We used to have a combined forum for Horror Games, Comics, and Novels.  Overtime it changed and we dont really have a specific spot for them.  Feel free to talk about horror books in the Gaming or in the General Chit/Chat areas as that will give you the most success.

hmm  I always read posts about Horror Lit - and I always want to talk about it! 
On the topic of Laymon, he's on my Xmas list.  We'll see what Santa brings. 

Right now I'm reading Stephen King's latest short story collection, Just After Sunset.  I'm not overly thrilled.

moved this thread into the brand new Horror Literature forum.

woohoo ain't you the quick worker meh big_smile

it was a very good suggestion and i always try to listen when its a good one smile

Well that explains why you never listen to mine then lol
Although I do have one for MO-line

Ohhhhh new Horror Literature forum.  Fancy.  tongue

Typical jmh it's barely 5 minutes old and you've already scuffed the shiny new floor sad
<throws jmh a duster> now get it polished mad tongue

Ask and ye shall receive!  For a Bad Ass Mofo, Meh sure is nice.

tongue

Constantce wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive!  For a Bad Ass Mofo, Meh sure is nice.

So where's the "JMH is the coolest" forum?  cool  You promised me one a long time ago, you are such a liar!  lol

Last edited by jmh314 (2008-12-20 10:33:57)

He said good ideas, not blatant lies tongue

First of all, Meh - the tongue - a threat or a promise?  lol

J - dream on.  Until my mailman says, "Oh look, a present from J!" I will campaign against a cool JMH forum.

It's not a lie!  He promised me, dont make me digg through old threads and find it!  lol

There might be a difference between "promising" and "sarcastic humoring" wink

I love Richard Laymon, his books are just amazing but I have to admit I idolise Dean Koontz and Clive Barker. I've read so many of their books, I can't chose a favourite for Koontz there's too many good novels but Barker without doubt my favourite written story is Weaveworld, such pure elegance and horror, it stuns me even when I re-read it smile

on the subject of new forums why not have a section dedicated to our dreams that we can share with others so long as they aren't too naughty...

smile j/k

That could work. Post nightmares on the forum and the saucy ones straight to me big_smile

But not the guys <shudders>

lol:lol::lol:

Yaay! new forum!!  lol

Zomboy wrote:

Anyway I've never heard of Richard Laymon hmm

If you're interested in checking him out I'd recommend these ones first:

The Cellar
In The Dark
Night in the Lonesome October

He has a strange style. Sometimes his characters are goofy and make totally unrealistic decisions, but that's part of the charm.

And he's obsessed with the word "rump". yikes