Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

^^ Your book sounds more fun than mine.  sad

The Strain. Pretty much CSI with vampires. Good stuff so far.

Mary Summer Rain - In Your Dreams

Suspiria_89 wrote:

The Strain. Pretty much CSI with vampires. Good stuff so far.

Is that the Del Toro one? I almost picked it up because i thought it sounded good, but almost every review a read said avoid it.

Just started a new Zombie novel called The Reapers Are the Angels by Alden Bell.  3 chapters in and I'm already enjoying it.  That says a lot since I love horror movies but dont really enjoy or read much horror fiction.

I also purchased a book today called E-Heroes by Peter Clines.  Think Watchmen meets Day of the Dead.  It's about a group of superheroes who become forgotten after a zombie outbreak then a year later band together to help keep watch over humanity.  Sounds fun to me!

Im currently reading The stand by stephen king, whenever you guys got the time I urge you to take a look at it.  I Always have a good read with this book.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:nkPHLeMlEcOqiM:http://www.bayweekly.com/year10/issue_26/art-26/books-26/The-Stand.jpg&t=1

Last edited by Michael_Jason_Krueger (2010-08-17 04:56:17)

Michael_Jason_Krueger wrote:

Im currently reading The stand by stephen king, whenever you guys got the time I urge you to take a look at it.  I Always have a good read with this book.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:nkPH … pg&t=1

The Stand is good but personally I think Swan Song is the best post-apocalyptic novel ever written.

the best ever you say!?

the last thing i bought was:

http://www.brainsbrainsbrains.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/DBDA2.jpg

slowly getting through it - only because i get stuck on here hijacking threads and posting filth

I'm reading "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" right now.  I must say, I've enjoyed the series.  Too bad that's all of them.

ZOMBlE wrote:

the best ever you say!?

http://www.brainsbrainsbrains.org/wp-co … /DBDA2.jpg

slowly getting through it - only because i get stuck on here hijacking threads and posting filth

Yeah, I still stick with Swan Song being the best post-apocalyptic book ever written.  I read Day By Day Armageddon a while ago, it was good but not better then Swan Song.  Still have never picked up the Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile.  I'd be interested in reading it since book 1 was a good read.

UFO's: GENERALS, PILOTS AND GOVERNMENT GO ON THE RECORD by Leslie Kean

Get ready for the invasion folks!

Last edited by Shakingman (2010-08-26 19:55:27)

helter skelter

jmh314 wrote:

Yeah, I still stick with Swan Song being the best post-apocalyptic book ever written.  I read Day By Day Armageddon a while ago, it was good but not better then Swan Song.  Still have never picked up the Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile.  I'd be interested in reading it since book 1 was a good read.

cool - i may have to check out Swan Song - but Day By Day is nice n simple - entertaining - quick - doesnt drag too bad. I am cruising through Beyond Exile at work when im not hangin out here - but its an entertaining read

CaptHowdy79 wrote:

helter skelter

there was a hell funny simpsons episode on the other day - i think homer was in a jail cell with a big black guy (sorta looked like the dude from greenmile) - he is talking about how his life changed when he was handed a book from jesus - (in his hands is helter skelter with manson on the front cover) BAHAHAHA so funny - he sorta looks like a deranged jesus

ZOMBlE wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

cool - i may have to check out Swan Song - but Day By Day is nice n simple - entertaining - quick - doesnt drag too bad. I am cruising through Beyond Exile at work when im not hangin out here - but its an entertaining read

Swan Song is a long book, about 950 pages, but after the first hundred pages, it doesnt slow down much.  The first hundred are setting up the nuclear armageddon, the rest is all the post apocalypse stuff.  It's a long book but reads quick

awesome - biggest book i have read so far is Damnation Game - and that was fkn sweet - though i did feel like it was massive - i dont think its up around the 950 page mark though

Hurricane Punch by Tim dorsey

jmh314 wrote:
ZOMBlE wrote:

the best ever you say!?

http://www.brainsbrainsbrains.org/wp-co … /DBDA2.jpg

Swan Song is a GREAT book !!

I'm with jmh and moh, Swan Song is amazing and my fave post-apoca, too.  I read it a few years after it came out and thought to myself at the time that it would make a fantastic anime - not having any faith in a live action attempt at the time.  I think I would still have my doubts LOL

speaking of anime - has anyone seen any (really cool violent) animes recently??

i like the tenticle rape monsters - and the robot gundamn with a lot of violence

pretty much the R+ rated animes

ZOMBlE wrote:

awesome - biggest book i have read so far is Damnation Game - and that was fkn sweet - though i did feel like it was massive - i dont think its up around the 950 page mark though

If you liked Damnation Game, give Neil Gaimen's "American Gods" a try. You'll probably dig it.

Last edited by thefinalsolution (2010-08-27 02:06:26)

supernatural n violent?

did you find yourself hammering through it?

frank schatzinger - death and the devil, no horror( idont think- at least not yet if there is)
a thief is witness to the assassination of an architect of cathedrals in mideval germany. im kind of 50/50 on this one  . i also read SWARM by F.S.  supposedly its being made into a movie it reads like it was written to be a movie its about sea life striking back at man in really    catastrophic ways. there is a "life form swarm " involved.

ive read both jl bournes books i liked them. there simple but on the go. the only complaint that ive had is that there could be a little more human/ zombie conflict. i have a feeling the third installment will because hes headed/being sent to the heart of the source of the zombie outbreak  - china - heres where it gets weird - think of the aussie movie undead
if all Y'all out there read it  - keep in mind that im about 45minutes north of lake charles i thought was cool that i live in the middle of his setting for the zombie apocalypse.

i just read jaws. this is a rare occasion that i liked the movie much more than the book

american gods  -  kicks ass.

also - domain of the dead by Ian Mckinnon not too bad the painting of the zombie on the cover is pretty damn gnarley. kind of reminds me of keanes dead sea

zombies fucking give me anxiety i cant stay away from them though. theres a scene in domain of the dead with a helicopter pilot talking about evacs. and a family he sees sitting onthe railings of a large powerline scaffold with a mob of zombies below naturally he cant stop to help cause hes evacing officers and higher-ups. its actually alittle heartwrenching.

theres plenty more ive read those were just a few recent ones -

Just started re-reading The Lion,The Witch,and The Wardrobe.

Currently Reading:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WK6CidPJL.jpg