Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

i bought Stephen Kings 'Under the Dome' for my other half this christmas, but he's still reading another book.

i'll have it finished by the end of the week! wink

I am reading Dracula In love right now.   The Classic Dracula story told from Mina's point of view.

Reading Life right now

Just read "Dead Space Salvage" a pretty decent graphic novel...

twistedsista wrote:

i bought Stephen Kings 'Under the Dome' for my other half this christmas, but he's still reading another book.

I've just started this today. How are you finding it Twisted?

Been reading The Walking Dead comics.

Bout to start Duma Key by Stephen King too.

Remember the movie Eragon about the dragon. Well I am on book 3 of the trilogy. another example how books are better  than film versions

twistedsista wrote:

i liked the book. took me forever to get through it

swollenguy wrote:

Summer of night, per MOH's post

let me know what you thought of it

I just finished reading King's

Full Dark
No Stars

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aqCjiYQXKAU/TG6jscROonI/AAAAAAAABl4/4Chyt88ughs/s1600/full+dark+no+stars+cover+full.jpg

D.Darko wrote:
twistedsista wrote:

I've just started this today. How are you finding it Twisted?

i haven't got very far into it yet..........got a little distracted with the playstation last night lol
but i'm liking what i've read so far.

the plot seems very similar to the simpsons movie! lol

yeah 'zilla......i think my claim to have this one done in a week may have been slightly over enthusiastic.........two weeks definitely! big_smile

mdc666 wrote:

Been reading The Walking Dead comics.

Bout to start Duma Key by Stephen King too.

Duma Key was excellent

Just finished the 3rd trade paperback of the Walking Dead earlier.  Can't say I miss the show very much as long as I got the comics.  Motherfuckers keep getting better and better with each one.

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Freakin' awesome book.

Hell yeah, that book rules.

Anything by Kurt Vonnegut is gold.  I've read all his stuff except for one of his short story collections.

^^ I'm agreeing with you so far. I'm loving Vonnegut.

Last books I read:

Breakfast of Champions - Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle - Vonnegut

Both were gold.

mdc666 wrote:

Hell yeah, that book rules.

Anything by Kurt Vonnegut is gold.  I've read all his stuff except for one of his short story collections.

I just finished a Vonnegut reading marathon. Finished it off with Slaughter House Five. My boss recommended him and he's one hella writer for sure. You oughta look into his short stories. Good stuff!                                                                 Just finished The Ultimate Dracula. A compilation of vampire short stories. Highly recommended.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-01-23 13:03:54)

mdc666 wrote:

Just finished the 3rd trade paperback of the Walking Dead earlier.  Can't say I miss the show very much as long as I got the comics.  Motherfuckers keep getting better and better with each one.

I'm fortunate that one of the libraries in town carry The Walking Dead GN's. I'm now planning on going back and re-reading them. Should help keep away the S-mores for the series till season 2 starts up.

Currently reading Dead Space

Tom Robbins - Still Life With Woodpecker

Laymon's After Midnight.

Thirty pages in and there's already a nice dollop of gore, I think this will be a good read smile

Just finished 'Baltimore or the Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire', an illustrated novel by Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden. It was fantastic! Gothic and scary and incredibly compelling.

" When Lord Henry Baltimore awakens the wrath of a vampire on the hellish battlefields of World War I, the world is forever changed. For a virulent plague has been unleashed -- a plague that even death cannot end.

Now the lone soldier in an eternal struggle against darkness, Baltimore summons three old friends to a lonely inn -- men whose travels and fantastical experiences incline them to fully believe in the evil that is devouring the soul of mankind. As the men await their old friend, they share their tales of terror and misadventure, and contemplate what part they will play in Baltimore’s timeless battle. Before the night is through, they will learn what is required to banish the plague -- and the creature who named Baltimore his nemesis -- once and for all. "

http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/is … 3497_1.jpg

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Brilliant book.

The Door To December by Dean Koontz

Just finishing up the book Slash from GNR......pretty fun book......sex, drugs and rock n roll, They partied hard but not as hard as Motley Crew. I read their book called "The Dirt" and wholly fuck were they a messed up bloody band!! It's amazing that anyone of them are still walking and talking!!

Re-reading (for the fifth time) Frank Darabont's published screenplay of The Shawshank Redemption.  Great read, with a forward by Stephen King and a notated guide by Darabont himself.