Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

I would love to read Grande Illusions, too. I bet it's really good.
Savini is an inspirational figure.

^^^ Check your PMs. smile

The last book I read was the peeling.  I am now reading Ravage by: Iain Rob Wright

I just bought on Amazon:
Dreamcatcher by Stephen King

Inside Barnes and Noble, I bought:
IT, The Shining and 11-22-63 all by Stephen King

Bought 2 more books from the Supernatural series.
I think I need 3 or 4 more to be caught up.

Like the Supernatural Tv show?  I didn't know those were a book series.  Any good?

I read one and loved it. But yeah it's from the TV series, in fact the series is based on the books so...

Just finished of David Moody's Autumn. It was a good serious zombie novel, with heavy focus on mood. My one complaint was the wooden conversations, every chapter would have the question "You okay?" asked at least once. Overall though this was an enjoyable book, well worth the read.

Theli wrote:

I just finished off Dean Koontz's Demon Seed. First off this is an early book in Koontz's catalog, it was originally published in 1973, then when a film was made it was re-printed in '77 for the last time. Later Koontz rewrote the book and released the new version. I was reading the original version. It's the story of a woman who is trapped inside her automated house which has gained sentience and is developing a personality. Ultimately the sentient computer that is her house is trying to impregnate her so that the machine can tranfer it's consciousness to a living vessel. Pretty cool book, great concept, but at times it falls flat, and seems to go back scenes of robo-rape repetitively. It's a short read though so anything that may get annoying doesn't last long. I dig it.

The Demon Seed   I really enjoyed that movie. I thought Julie Christie did a great job, but I didn't know that Dean Koontz wrote it.

If you are reading books by Koontz why not try the boook called Strangers as it was the first I read of his and it got me on the way to checking out most everything he releases.  The Servants of Twilight 1984 is another good one, Midnight, and The Funhouse just to name a few of the better ones he's written.

Policy by Bentley Little
I felt that The Store was his best, though he has lots of great ones.  I like his style of writing and also a big fan of Richard Laymon's.

OldLaughingLady wrote:

I just bought on Amazon:
Dreamcatcher by Stephen King

Inside Barnes and Noble, I bought:
IT, The Shining and 11-22-63 all by Stephen King

Have you ever read the above books before or are they just to add to your collection.  I envy you if this is just your first time through with them especially It and The Shinning. You'll be up many a night.

I've read every single Stephen King book except Doctor Sleep and 11 22 63 (literally every one, his short stories, and nonfiction too).  However, most of them were so long ago.  I marathoned through so many of his books throughout middle school and high school (which i graduated from 10 years ago and had a horrid drug problem).  So I'm going through these books as if for the first time again.  I'm reading The Shining right now and I rarely remember what is going on.  Super awesome.  Dreamcatcher happens to be my favorite King book.

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles3/121209/projects/295384/1212091251722537.jpg

Such a brilliant one, I am a big fan of this guy. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-23 23:13:22)

Still working on:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/%24T2eC16J,!y0E9s2S5%29VKBRZVU7c5mQ~~_35.JPG

OldLaughingLady wrote:

I've read every single Stephen King book except Doctor Sleep and 11 22 63 (literally every one, his short stories, and nonfiction too).  However, most of them were so long ago.  I marathoned through so many of his books throughout middle school and high school (which i graduated from 10 years ago and had a horrid drug problem).  So I'm going through these books as if for the first time again.  I'm reading The Shining right now and I rarely remember what is going on.  Super awesome.  Dreamcatcher happens to be my favorite King book.

I'll have to go back and re-read Dreamcatcher as you're saying it's your favorite and I need to give it another look.  I read all his books so fast and with them being so long I'm like you and would probably find myself feeling like I was reading it for the first time again.  I just love his books and my favorite would probably be It.

Mine is Christine without a doubt. So intense. smile

kXnPunk wrote:

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles3/121209/projects/295384/1212091251722537.jpg

Such a brilliant one, I am a big fan of this guy. smile

Nice!!
I haven't read any Franz Kafka, but from what I've read/hear about him, he sounds very interesting.

If you haven't read any of his books, I recommend The Trial, a thesis about self destruction. VERY WILD!!!

http://thetrialkaufka.blogspot.ca/

Vera Ellen Baby Firefly wrote:
Theli wrote:

I just finished off Dean Koontz's Demon Seed. First off this is an early book in Koontz's catalog, it was originally published in 1973, then when a film was made it was re-printed in '77 for the last time. Later Koontz rewrote the book and released the new version. I was reading the original version. It's the story of a woman who is trapped inside her automated house which has gained sentience and is developing a personality. Ultimately the sentient computer that is her house is trying to impregnate her so that the machine can tranfer it's consciousness to a living vessel. Pretty cool book, great concept, but at times it falls flat, and seems to go back scenes of robo-rape repetitively. It's a short read though so anything that may get annoying doesn't last long. I dig it.

The Demon Seed   I really enjoyed that movie. I thought Julie Christie did a great job, but I didn't know that Dean Koontz wrote it.

If you are reading books by Koontz why not try the boook called Strangers as it was the first I read of his and it got me on the way to checking out most everything he releases.  The Servants of Twilight 1984 is another good one, Midnight, and The Funhouse just to name a few of the better ones he's written.

I'm off Koontz for now. I was actually debating about picking up Richard Laymon's Travelling Vampire Show, but then I saw your post about Bentley Little and I am starting to think I should pick up my copy of the Influence. Thanks for making my next choice a tough one!

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-24 11:14:35)

Vera Ellen Baby Firefly wrote:
OldLaughingLady wrote:

I'll have to go back and re-read Dreamcatcher as you're saying it's your favorite and I need to give it another look.  I read all his books so fast and with them being so long I'm like you and would probably find myself feeling like I was reading it for the first time again.  I just love his books and my favorite would probably be It.

It, for me as well, is my favourite King novel. It might have to do with when I read it, but it stuck with me more than any of his other works. The Shining and Pet Sematary would be runner-ups.

Well I already picked up and finished The Traveling Vampire Show by Richard Laymon. It's 5am and I have been reading for hours, needless to say this book is addictive. This was my first Laymon, and man am I impressed.

I've been reading a ton of, Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Re-read De Sade's Justine, moving on to King's Firestarter now.

I just stared the Dark Tower, series,  I kind of the first book , little boring, 

But I am fast reader, I passed half away from the,  Page 131 right now, short book, 

I hoping the sequel is better!

Checked out the following from the library:
The August House Book of Scary Stories (Already Read)
The Stand by Stephen King (Currently Reading)
Bought:
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
Patriot Games by Tom Clancy
The Osterman Weekend by Robert Ludlum