Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

^ Good book, I just read it a few months back.

Last books I read were The Woods are Dark by Richard Layman and Armed Madhouse by Greg Palast.

IT by Stephen King, bloody heck I forgot how convoluted this book is! I'll admit I am finding it hard going this time around.

Just finished The Road, meh, it was okay. I just started The Shining by Stephen King! smile

Just finished 'Smoke and Mirrors' by Neil Gaiman.  It was a collection of short-stories and some poetry.  Most of the stories were pretty good but the poetry didn't really do it for me.

Just brought another Buffy Guide to add to my ever expanding Buffy collection big_smile

Swan Song by Robert McCammon

Re-read Slugs by Shawn Hutson. Good book and movie.

mdc666 wrote:

^ Good book, I just read it a few months back.

Last books I read were The Woods are Dark by Richard Layman and Armed Madhouse by Greg Palast.

I read The Woods are Dark a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it. I think it would be a great film.

^ It would make an awesome movie.  I loved the book, I couldn't put it down, read through it in a few days.  It was the first novel of Layman's I've read, I need to check out some more of his stuff.

Last edited by mdc666 (2009-02-28 03:28:56)

I really need to pick up something new because I am stuck in limbo with "The Road."  Not reading it... not moving on.... reader's block.

But I just finished the Sandman Dream Hunters comic series, and it was so good (and sad) that I cried at the end.

F. Paul Wilson's The Tomb...haven't started reading it yet though.

The Bite, by Richard Laymon. Another good book by Laymon.

Finally got around to starting Books of Blood by Barker.   I'm about 6 stories in so far......hope it gets good.

Just got finished reading The Rising - Selected Scenes from the End of the World. It was pretty good. It did really give much of the back story so each short story is a good stand alone story, but if you have read his other books you can see the connections. It looks like Brian is pulling together a Dark Tower type series bringing all of his books together. I also thought it gave more resolution to the Rising series and a sort of happy ending in my opinion.

Velocity by Dean Koontz

I just finished The Ghosts of Sleath by James Herbert.  Not one of his better stories, I have to say.  sad

Brian Keene's Castaways

excellent read, now re-reading Fucked by M.J. Euringer it is a chapbook that I got from him about six /seven years back.

The 'Menagerie' series by Christopher Golden.  (halfway through reading)

Le Mystery des Cathedrals by Fulcanelli, an alleged Master Alchemists guide to the alchemic secrets encoded in the great gothic cathedrals of western europe. Not supposed to be fiction...

Just finished '48 by James Herbert.  It was better than it's bookmate, The Ghosts of Sleath, but it still wasn't on a par with his early stories.

just finished Out are the Lights by Laymon, damn I would love to see this adapted into a movie. it would be just kick-ass, bloody crazy big_smile

Tibetan Book of the Dead
And
The Universe is a Single Atom
Very weird stuff, but am really enjoying them.

just picked up Joe R. Lansdale's "Writer Of The Purple Rage" anthology
(includes Bubba Ho-Tep & Incident On & Off A Mountain Road, among other gems)
anything by the man is worth reading

Never read Lansdale, but if he is the same sick fuck who's stories inspired the Drive-In comics, I'll have to take a look...those were sick

the same, Lansdale rocks (and he's a good ol' Texas boy) (don't hold that against him LOL)