Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

The comics were sick, forgot all about that...

as for texas, i have nothing wrong with texas. Only good things that come out of texas are beef and...

http://olbroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader.jpg

Advance copy of Ted Dekker BoneMan's Daughters
They call him Boneman, a serial killer who's abducted six young women. He's the perfect father looking for the perfect daughter. When his victims fail to meet his lofty expectations, he kills them by breaking their bones and leaving them to die. Intelligence officer Ryan Evans, on the other hand, has lost all hope of ever being the perfect father. His daughter and his wife have written him out of their lives. Everything changes when Boneman takes Ryan's estranged daughter, Bethany, as his seventh victim. Ryan goes after BoneMan on his own. But the FBI sees the case differently. New evidence points to Ryan being BoneMan. Now the hunter is the hunted and in the end only one father will stand.
Coming in April 2009

Vampire Diaries, not as good as the Twilight Saga but still a fun read.

Read: The Coldheart Canyon and Watchmen (both for like the 100th time)
Bought: Revolutionary Road

i am currently reading "Fire Sea" the third of seven installments in the Death Gate Cycle series

Best vampire writer...EVA...period...Brian Lumley. Bought THE TOUCH from amazon, received yesterday...all gittery inside...

Friday the 13th comic book, Issue # 3

Last couple of books I read:
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
Tragedy & Farce: How the American Media Sell Wars, Spin Elections, and Destroy Democracy by John Nichols & Robert McChesney
and I just started
The Conqueror Worms by Brian Keene

Just finished "The Nimble Man", first book of the 'Menagerie' series by Christopher Golden.  I accidentally read the 2nd book first.  Hate doing that.  Did that with the 'Anita Blake' novels with book 3.  And Terry Goodkind starting with "Chainfire" (book 8?).  Very annoying sometimes.

Just started reading The Hills Have Eyes: The Beginning(graphic comic)

Magazines lol I love my books but sometimes I need something that isn't that deep! so reading Chat @ the moment smile

Reading Dantes Inferno and World War Z

Suspiria_89 wrote:

My daughter loves the Vampire Diaries series.  Have you read the Vampire Kisses series?  That's what she's asking for now.  She's borrowed a couple from friends and is now hooked.
(She's 17)

The last book I finished was Fahrenheit 451, which I borrowed from my daughter.  That was an excellent book.  I'm in the middle of The Best of HP Lovecraft.  I just finished the Dunwich Horror and was just starting The Wisperer in the Darkness, but had to put it down for the next 5 weeks to focus on a class I have to take for work.  I can't wait to pick it back up again.

Am currently reading Stephen King's Everything's Eventual.

That is a great book.  You should enjoy it.

Just finished reading a few Koontz books (not that im a big fan, i got them for free lol).

just read
Funhouse
phantoms
Watchers

now reading Dead Reign , the zombie roleplaying game by palladium

burntodeath wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

My daughter loves the Vampire Diaries series.  Have you read the Vampire Kisses series?  That's what she's asking for now.  She's borrowed a couple from friends and is now hooked.
(She's 17)

The last book I finished was Fahrenheit 451, which I borrowed from my daughter.  That was an excellent book.  I'm in the middle of The Best of HP Lovecraft.  I just finished the Dunwich Horror and was just starting The Wisperer in the Darkness, but had to put it down for the next 5 weeks to focus on a class I have to take for work.  I can't wait to pick it back up again.

Nope, I've never read Vampire Kisses, but I've heard there pretty good.

Darkfall by Dean Koontz, so far it's really good.

Just bought Forever Odd by Dean Koontz

Just got back from the comic store picked up my
Supernatual magazine and

issue 3 and 4 of Dead Of Night Werewolf by Night...interesting storyline and nice graphics
Issue #1 of Maura (I think it is a ghost story)
Issue #3 The Dead kingdom of flies loved the coverart (close up of a zombie face gettn ready to chow on some bloody meat.

My mother is on the Friends of the Library commitee in my town and they had a book sale at the library last Saturday and she bought these books for me which are in excellent hardback edition for $1.00 a piece:

Primal Fear by William Diehl(it was made into a movie starring Edward Norton and Richard Gere)
Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs
Bag of Bones by Stephen King
Desperation by Stephen King
Insomnia by Stephen King
Close Encounters of the Third Kind by Steven Spielberg

Last edited by RIP (2009-04-09 06:46:31)

Zombology A Zombie Anthology by Dr. Pus, available on Amazon.com:D:D:D

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 18:33:09)

The last book I read was Second Glance by Jodi Picoult and it isn't a horror, although it is a ghost story.  It's about a suicidal guy who is saved by a woman he later finds out is a ghost.  She needs someone to find out the truth about her daughter's death before she can be at peace.  It goes into all this detail about how the Nazi's based their ethnic cleansing ideas on the American Eugenics programmes in the 20's and 30's.  The story is fictional but the facts are real and it's scary stuff because it only happened about 80, 90 years ago!  It makes you think, which makes it a good book in my opinion.  smile

"patient zero" by johnathan maberry
"how to survive a horror movie" by seth grahame-smith