Topic: Re-Animator Specs

Here it is everyone from IGN.com on Anchor Bay's release of Stuart Gordon's classic adaptation of H.P Lovecraft's Herbert West Reanimator:

* Brand-new remastered transfer, approved by director Stuart Gordon
    * Audio Commentary with Director Stuart Gordon
    * Audio Commentary with Producer Brian Yuzna and Actors Bruce Abbott, Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton and Robert Sampson
    * New 70-minute featurette: "Re-Animator Resurrectus"
    * Interviews with Director Stuart Gordon, Producer Brian Yuzna, Writer Dennis Paoli, Composer Richard Band and Fangoria Magazine editor Tony Timpone
    * Music Discussion with Composer Richard Band
    * Deleted and Extended Scenes
    * Theatrical trailer
    * TV Spots
    * Production Stills, Behind-The-Scenes, Posters & Advertising, Storyboard and Fun-On-The-Set galleries
    * Stuart Gordon Bio
    * Screenplay (DVD-ROM)
    * "Herbert West, Reanimator" by H.P. Lovecraft (DVD-ROM)

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/757/757444p1.html

*UPDATE*

I posted it up on on the main site, first time I have done it.  Here ya go:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7357.html

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-01-23 18:31:28)

Re: Re-Animator Specs

I can't wait to get my paws on that one.

Could not agree more.  Definatly a double-dippin

Luckily I don't own Re-Animator yet.  I can't wait for this to hit shelves.

Hey I updated the news to include the artwork for the box and also a look at the Syringe pen.. I also got word that this will be a Limited Edition run of only 50,000 copies.. Once they are gone they are gone..

Definatly gonna grab 2 copies then.  1 to watch the other to hold onto.

This is great news! god bless Anchor Bay! looks like it'll be a double dip 4 me! As I've already got the elite edition. It'll be worth it for the documentry alone! Gonna have 2 get a better job so I can afford the limited edition! Any news on the release date?

March 20

Hey guys dropping in to give you a heads up about this release.. I just got my hands on a copy today and eagerly popped it in my DVD player.. Great transfer.. I don't have the older disc but this one will impress..

Also the new documentary is great.. They talked to everyone they should have and its a really great disc.. The only thing I have to mention is that the art that is posted is a little off.. That art is actually just a box that it is contained in.. kind of like The Evil Dead Book of the Dead deal.. Only the syringe is cut out and inside you can see the highlighter that you get with it..

The actual art on the DVD is great.. better than the art on the outside box if you ask me.. The menus are also really fantastic.. I'll be posting a full review in the coming days.. Just wanted to let you guys know a head of time that its rockin and if you were waiting to pre-order it go ahead and put in your order now...

Nice.

So the pen come in its own little case or plastic wrap I take it?

yea the box art that is shown has kind of like a little box inside that holds the highlighter.. inside the box its wrapped in a little plastic bag.. Something else that discouraged me just a little is that it isn't indvidually numbered.. But they never said they were going to anyway.. Just keep in my mind it is a limited edition.. But I think at some point they may re-release it without the pen and the outside box.. But thats purely speculation..

The pen being in its own container is key for me.  If they were doing one of those large DVD boxes like the Millienium Edition and clipping it inside...I would have never opened it and bought a standard 2 disc.  Since its in its own case...I can open it.....once i get my hands on one.

Sounds fantastic.  I'll either pre-order it or wait for it to actually hit shelves.