Topic: Here's an idead for HM.ca forum

This is only a suggestion for you Meh. On some boards I have been on in the past they show how many people are viewing a certain thread section at that time. Do you know what I mean?

Look at www.allthingszombie.com I don't know if you have to register to see that function but when I am logged on there it shows like how many people are viewing a certain thread section at that moment. It could be guests and members viewing it too.

It's just a suggestion and maybe also have a little area at the bottom of the screen to show members birthdays on here.

I was just thinking of it and maybe you might wanna think about it for 2009 sometime and perhaps a chat room too.:P;)

Re: Here's an idead for HM.ca forum

Ours shows how many members are signed in and how many guests are viewing the forums.  It's not for individual threads, just the forum in general.  I really just dont see the point of why it matters to know who is viewing what thread.

Chat has been floated around but I think the conclusion is that it would be hard to monitor.

Last edited by jmh314 (2009-01-04 15:53:22)

I can't wait to cut the sinews/ribbon on the HM.CA chat room wink

And when everyone is in the chatroom who's going to be posting on the forum?
I'll be awfully lonely sad

jmh314 wrote:

Chat has been floated around but I think the conclusion is that it would be hard to monitor.

But, most chat rooms aren't monitored at all to begin with. Like for instance at atz.com.......what goes on in the chat room stays in the chat room. There's no Mods in the chat room. Alot of boards are like that. The only board chat room that I ever saw monitored and you can ask LoudLon on here about it was the bloodtheatre.com chat room and that's it lol.

Yeah but thats where we can run into issues.  We try our best to keep spammers down and make sure things dont get inappropriate in the forums and having an unmonitored chat can just mean trouble.  I believe there were other factors as to why a chat was never implimented, but thats one of the reasons if I recall correctly.  I wouldnt hold your breath for a chat anytime soon.

^But every board has a chat room......sobs.....even the shitty ones have a chat room lol.:(:P:lol:

Last edited by RIP (2009-01-04 16:10:41)

Exactly, the shitty ones.  We're high class.  Besides, the chat would mostly be you have drunken conversations with no one because you'll annoy everyone to death and make them wish we never installed a chat.  lol

Oh and by the way, whats an idead?

jmh314 wrote:

Exactly, the shitty ones.  We're high class.  Besides, the chat would mostly be you have drunken conversations with no one because you'll annoy everyone to death and make them wish we never installed a chat.  lol

Then how come everyone always AIM's me and wants a chat room. It's too hard having to invite people into a AIM chat lol. Idead means that this thread idea is most likely dead on here lol.:lol:

RIP wrote:

^But every board has a chat room......sobs.....even the shitty ones have a chat room lol.:(:P:lol:

Haha aw. It's ok RIP, none of the ladies on here would go on cam for you anyway wink

RIP wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

Then how come everyone always AIM's me and wants a chat room. It's too hard having to invite people into a AIM chat lol. Idead means that this thread idea is most likely dead on here lol.:lol:

It's usually just the people who are depressed and down and they IM you because talking to you makes them feel better about their life.  They realize things could always get worse, so it cheers them up.  lol

jmh314 wrote:
RIP wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

It's usually just the people who are depressed and down and they IM you because talking to you makes them feel better about their life.  They realize things could always get worse, so it cheers them up.  lol

Oh me oh my......you are full of yourself today......too bad your Bears couldn't even make the playoffs lol while at least I saw the Falcons play in it yesterday.:P

Typical Rip.....cant come up with any snappy comebacks so has to revert to the usual "your local sports team sucks" retort.  It must be fun to be so feeble minded.  lol tongue

Vamp_Slayer wrote:
RIP wrote:

Haha aw. It's ok RIP, none of the ladies on here would go on cam for you anyway wink

How do you know that some on here already haven't....hmmmmm......:P:lol:

^Because all our ladies have both brains and beauty.

I Would Love A Chat Room I Will Sooo Be Up On That!

jmh314 wrote:

^Because all our ladies have both brains and beauty.

There's some nutcases on here though.....shall I give one of them your cell number eh?????? Don't tempt me lol......muwhahahahaha:P:lol::P

^correction: we HAD a nutcase on here.

jmh314 wrote:

^correction: we HAD a nutcase on here.

Ring, ring......someone might be texting YOU soon if you don't watch out lol......muwhahahahaha....Zingaroo......back at you lol.....:P:lol:

Heck with the nutcases, how bout some smutcases?