Topic: Dark Floors....wtf? I get it/SPOILER ALERT

I just finished watching Dark Floors. I think Lordi are excellent dark,evil,figures. I liked the Silent Hill timechange, tint to the movie. I didn't walk away as if this was a regular Horror movie. Red crayon Blue crayon, people involved, Dad's number one concern..I bet someone, especially a writer, has a loved one that is autistic..I see the stark bare Horror of being trapt in autisim, of being on the inside looking out. Choosing sides of Light and Dark just like Choosing Good vs Evil. I took that away from Dark Floors and yes kiddies THAT is just as scarey.
I liked this movie smile

Re: Dark Floors....wtf? I get it/SPOILER ALERT

i humbly bow before you TDSR.  now it all makes sense.  thank you thank you a thousand times thank you.

I look forward to watching this when it arrives on our shores smile

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

i humbly bow before you TDSR.  now it all makes sense.  thank you thank you a thousand times thank you.

No thank you, your discussions made me go view it;)

I still do not undertand shit about this movie. still do not getr the blue crayon/red crayon thing.  and it was never explained why they were wanting the girl to beging with. ughhhhhhhh

Just watched this and I liked it. The whole existence on another plane thing and the Silent Hill look about it. Yes I did get it Red crayon passion, blood, life violence. Blue crayon peace, calm balance.
Would have liked more attention paid to the drawings (and how did she manage to do all that heavy crayon work and the crayon was still in tact -I would have used a couple of boxes of them-especially the black)  A lot of children and adults live on a number of planes and can sense and see what a lot of people refuse to see (hence I guess why they didn't look carefully at the drawings) and as she was autistic then she could view these planes without  this life getting drawn in the way of her sight,  Lots of people see autistic children as angels and therefore unafraid of the dark. I too thought Lordi did extremely well as the various entities. And the time thing was another thing that I got into. On the whole I would give it a 7
Sorry had to add this. They did explain why they where attracted to the girl and wanted her. She said so near the end. Dark is attracted to the light and wanted it, but to possess it Dark would engulf it and although it would still exist within the darkness. It would not be as one assumes light to be, more like a pin prick of light within the darkness.

Last edited by Cemetarygirl (2009-03-04 17:19:45)

Wow. I watched this movie the night before last and then made my husband watch it with me last night. There was sooooo much going on, and so much left for the viewer to decide. Was it a nightmare? A time loop? Did they all die in the elevator and live out the last few seconds of life in a nightmare a la Jacob's Ladder? Were they in purgatory? I love stuff like this that doesn't wrap up in a neat package at the end because most of the time you are unsatisfied with the neat loose ends tied up finale. Much better to think about the movie after it's over. I'd like to hear more of your thoughts, people!

I haven't seen this yet but damn I love Lordi so I might check this out, thanks for the head up thedead! big_smile

I had never heard of Lordi, BTK. What albums/songs do you recommend? Some people on another board have said there is a "mythos" associated with the band that helps explain the plot of the movie.

Lordi The Arockalypse &
The Monster Show

inc. Deadache CD lol sorry I do admittedly love them Wednesday and if you love rock music you will love it (esp with its wry sense of humour) smile hope that helps hun and btw I do love ya avatar! big_smile