Topic: Guillermo del Toro on NPR ,today.

He said his Jesus was/ is GODZILLA!  I love this guy!

Re: Guillermo del Toro on NPR ,today.

Hehe... unfortunately I missed that.  He is a great filmmaker, though.

All of you perspective filmakers should listen to this interview online; he's up for six oscars and loves the horror genre. His film, PAN'S LABYRINTH, is an adult horror, fantasy classic that is making money and critical raves, but most importantly, it's COOL! You CAN have it all!

Last edited by TODBROWNING1 (2007-01-26 00:04:04)

Why the lack of interest in this guy?

Heh I think the lack of interest is not at del Toro but rather NPR.. I have read countless interviews with del Toro since his popularity is now at its peak he is starting to get the same questions thrown at him..

Goon wrote:

Heh I think the lack of interest is not at del Toro but rather NPR.. I have read countless interviews with del Toro since his popularity is now at its peak he is starting to get the same questions thrown at him..

They talked to him for over 30 minutes and he was given lots of room to elaborate on his philosophy of filmaking. The JESUS/GODZILLA comparison is not something I've ever heard him make.

LOVE,TOD1!

That's just it.  If I become a filmmaker (which is my main goal in life) I want to make films that would most likely appeal to the many horror fans out there.  I could care less if I win any oscars or make a shit load of money, or even get a theatrical release for that matter.

Yes, Del Torro has greatly improved since Hellboy (which I did not like) but I think he's lost his faith to the horror genre.  However, that still doesn't seperate Pans Labyrinth from being a great film.  It's still something I need to check out.  It's just not something that I personally am gonna get all crazed about.  Remember, this is just my opinion.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

That's just it.  If I become a filmmaker (which is my main goal in life) I want to make films that would most likely appeal to the many horror fans out there.  I could care less if I win any oscars or make a shit load of money, or even get a theatrical release for that matter.

Yes, Del Torro has greatly improved since Hellboy (which I did not like) but I think he's lost his faith to the horror genre.  However, that still doesn't seperate Pans Labyrinth from being a great film.  It's still something I need to check out.  It's just not something that I personally am gonna get all crazed about.  Remember, this is just my opinion.

HONESTY IS ALWAYS A COOL THING!

Indeed it is.

I guess I should clarify.  Del Torro didn't get this much praise for Hellboy, The Devil's Backbone, Blade 2, or even Mimic, for what it's worth... He's obviously tasted the good life with his new film Pans Labyrinth, so who knows what could happen... I just hope he sticks to his roots.