Topic: Need help naming this movie!

Hi.  I am trying to think of the name to a movie I saw way back in the early 90s, though I think it came out in the 80s.  The most I can remember of it is that there was this little bouncing blob thing that tried to jump down a woman's throat, possibly to get to her brain.  These little blobs were going around killing people.  The closest thing I have found to that description is Brain Damage (1988), but it doesn't seem right.  Anyway...Any help is much appreciated!

Re: Need help naming this movie!

Brain Damage is a fuckin great movie big_smile
Could the one you're thinking of be Night Of The Creeps, but those things are like slugs though not blobs. So it's prob not that film.

You're thinking of Deep Throat.   big_smile

It's not Night of the Creeps. LMAO.  I've never even seen that movie.

And no, it's DEFINITELY NOT Deep Throat...HAHAHA...WOW!~  I mean really...WOW

I saw this movie about the same time that I saw Nothing But Trouble with Chevy Chase in it.  It took me forever to remember the name of that movie too.  Had to ask my Ma!  LOL.

Ooh, Nothing but Trouble was nothing but crap. 

Might it have been... THe Stuff? 
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/thestuff/thestuff1.jpg

ANd you SHOULD see Night of the Creeps.  GREAT flick!

Last edited by Mirthquake (2009-01-08 17:49:24)

No...I don't think that's it either.  But really darn close!  It was a red blob that forms into a ball and it jumped into a woman's mouth.  There are scenes where it shows the stuff moving around under the person's skin, I think.

Did you guys ever figure this one out? Know its been several years but I came across this post and it sounds extremely familiar. Multiple titles come to mind: Brain Damage, Night of the creeps, Prince of darkness, etc. all share a few of the details TheResidentEvil described but not an exact match. Anyone got any more ideas on this, or more details about the movie so we can do some better investigative work?

Well unless you have personal interest in finding this flick, I don't think TheResidentEvil will be back. Also since the thread was dead for 5 years most people here probably haven't even seen it or remember it. Though to be honest, it does sound familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it now.

The little red blob thing does indeed sound familiar.  I'm thinking a movie from around '89 or so but the title's not coming to me.  I'll have to do some snooping around.

Well, the thread's been buried for 5 years, so I imagine most of the new folks around here haven't read it but might know the movie described above.

I'm also thinking something from the late 80's. The details of the red blob and it crawling under the person's skin seem familiar to me.

Just a wild guess, but could the red blob you are describing is in fact a brain? Probably not, but just a thought. This could also be obvious, but could it be the 80s version of the Blob?

Definitely not the 80's version of The Blob. Though I see how you could think that since the blob in that film is reddish colored.

I love a good mystery! It would be easier if we could get better details from the original poster. There's only so many movies it could be though.

Last edited by JakeLamotta (2014-01-22 14:13:15)

If he ain't coming back how will we ever know for sure?

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-22 14:17:25)

We may not know for sure but if we at least get some more guesses or possibilities we can narrow it down.

I am here...infrequently. Lol.  I got the email that someone had posted. I still haven't found the movie. The details i listed are all I can remember. Red blob trying to get into people. I remember a scene from a bathroom where the blob tries to attack someone, but I think they barely get away.

I have been reading through this list of horror films hoping to find it. I am looking at the movies made in the 80s and the 90s....will have to do more research.  http://horror.wikia.com/wiki/Chronologi … rror_Films

^^^^sounds like ghostbusters II. You sure it's not the blob movie ?

Damn can't post the pic right now.

Last edited by mike3881 (2014-01-23 06:52:38)

Woah, welcome back! Haha

It's not the blob movie. Lol. And thank you for the welcoming. smile

any chance of the red blobs being a tomatoes ?

As it could be one of the movies  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!  series!

I thought about that, but couldn't find which one it would be. I know the blob didn't have a face. And I always remembered it as kind of like a silly putty suubstance, not as a tomato

Last edited by TheResidentEvil (2014-01-23 17:59:43)

Were they more like disembodied brains than blobs?  If so, could it be FIEND WITHOUT A FACE?

Definitely a blob.  Kinda resembled a ball of silly putty in a way.  I am wondering if it was some cheesey, made for tv horror film, honestly.  It was so long ago and I only saw it once.

There were a few episodes of Goosebumps that had red blobs that attacked people.  The best one being Monster Blood.

Blobermouth (1991) ? I can not find a trailer for it