Topic: Vampire Apocalypse Movie Coming

Vampire Apocalypse is a vampire novel written by Derek Gunn. We told you about it quite  along time ago. Derek just wrote in to let us know that his novel is now becoming a feature film. The option for Film/TV rights for Vampire Apocalypse ...

Read More : Vampire Apocalypse Movie Coming

Re: Vampire Apocalypse Movie Coming

Has anyone here read the book?

Vampire Apocalypse was only released from genre US/UK publishers KHP Industries under their Black Death Books imprint last September - so it's still a relatively new book.  Since it's release VA has been in the top 100 best selling horror books on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  It was also one of 58 horror novels nominated in the Preditors and Editors Readers Poll for 2006.....and, as above.......the film/tv rights have already been optioned. so I'm pretty pleased with how its doing so far.....

Vampire Apocalypse is available from all the major on lin book sellers (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Shocklines etc.  Sample chapters and a link to buy from these retailers can be found at my website www.derekgunn.com.

Enjoy!

Derek Gunn
Author of Vampire Apocalypse

btw, reviews from Horrorworld.org, monsterlibrarian, hellnotes and Amazon's number one reviewer Harriet Klausner can be found at  www.derekgunn.com/page41.html

Last edited by Derek Gunn (2007-02-08 13:52:34)

Hey, we got ourselves a writer on top of 3 filmmakers smile

Definatly goonna picked up VA at some point, but need mullah and got a few more books I need to finish.

Hope the adaptation goes well and you don't get screwed.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-02-08 18:29:45)

The producer has an impressive bio and recently executive produced The 8the Plague,which won best film and best cinematography awards - so It should be in good hands!

Very cool.  I'll be ording the book from B & N sometime this month.

That's great, thankyou!  In the meantime you can read sample chapters, reviews etc at www.derekgunn.com. Enjoy!

be sure to email us updates Derek the concept sounds promising for a film. Thanks for popping in to share.

Just one question Mr. Gunn about your vampires and you opinion about them.

In your book do your vamps have hte Lost Boys/Buffy look or are they just pale creatures?

And which one look to a vamp do you prefer?

In my book I strip away the modern sexy look that vampires have been portrayed recently. So they are more pale creatures I suppose. However, they are dead. I bring them back to basics. They have changed at a DNA level - more of that in the book.

In essence they are cruel bloodthirsty animals who feed on humans and use the energy crisis to spread over the world. They have no humanity and no pity - so there'l be no Angel types here.

Then, of course, there's the serum - but that would be telling you too much.

Hope you enjoy it.

Derek

I'll try and pick up a copy.  Sounds pretty awesome.

I hope you do!  It's available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, shocklines etc or you can order through your local bookstore.  If you do have a read, I'd love tho hear your thoughts.....

Derek