Topic: Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991).

Awesome Japanese/Hong Kong Sci-fi horror fantasy martial arts gorefeast! it's based on a Manga and i can't describe this movie with words. It's the goriest movie of the 90's besides "Dead Alive" and this movie rivals such asian splat-feasts like "Battle Royale", "Versus", "Men Behind The Sun", "Ichi The Killer", "Guinea Pig", "The Untold Story" and even "Tokyo Gore Police".

You must see this masterpiece!

Re: Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991).

agreed, over the top gore drenched fun all the way around, doesn't get much better or entertaining

I love this flick.. Me and my friends use to have an inside joke about "Black Tar Heroin" after we watched this movie. Amazing little film that just makes you wonder what the hell were they thinking.. in a good way..

it's messy....i like it

I love, love, love this flick. It was one of the first DVDs I bought way back when. I love showing it to unsuspecting guests. always alot of laughs.

One of the best action gore films ever made. Right up there with Shogun Assassin.

I can't tell you how much I love this film.  Just fun, over the top madness with tons of GORE.

Finally saw this and thought it was one of the funnest goriest action movies i've seen. I don't think i've seen any other gory action movies except Machine Girl.

My list of movies to review expands again.  I can't wait till my current class is over...:(

I just started watching this flick last night but it was getting late and had to hit the sack.  Can't wait to get home and watch the rest.  haha, good stuff.

fun movie, great scenes.

I love Riki-Oh! I've got it on DVD and it never gets old.

Oh, heck yeah, great little flick.  Gleefully OTT gore and violence, Yukari Oshima in drag, Frankie Chan strangling the hero with his own guts and a Street Fighter-esque x-ray skull punch.  One of my favorite HK Category III flicks.  I saw Fan Siu-Wong in a supporting role in the Yuen Biao flick Righting Wrongs (aka Above the Law) and he was nowhere near the buffed bad ass he is in Ricky O.

Haven't seen it, not really into asian horror. (except for asian slashers)

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Haven't seen it, not really into asian horror. (except for asian slashers)

It's hardly asian horror , it's a extremely silly & hilarious low budget "martial arts" gorefest complete with cheesy english dubbing.
Great movie to watch for a laugh.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVJqIgSBUDE[/youtube]

Last edited by fmvgamer (2009-04-15 08:51:25)

ya i finished watching it but can't say I'd watch it agin.  fun to watch but won't go back.

how can u not watch this .........

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/edogg2012/head.gif

over and over and over .... lol

lol It does look funny

Oh, see, no one mentioned the movie also has Kuo Chui as a prison gang member.  You may remember him as "Lizard" from the chop socky classic Five Deadly Venoms, or as Mad Dog in John Woo's Hard Boiled.

We should do six degrees of Kuo Chui.  That'd rock.