Topic: What Upcoming Remake Are You Dreading?

I'm sure I'm not the only person who isn't a huge fan of the remakes. I think they take away from the originals. So I would like to know what remake or planned remake you are dreading to hit the big screen.
Tell why and if you choose "other" please tell me/us which remake it is!!

Regards DarkDreamer

Re: What Upcoming Remake Are You Dreading?

nightmare on elm street, robert englund made freddy the series what it is, without him it just isn't going to work

One thing I realized about remakes, are that they aren't as bad as we all say they are. I'm not saying their better then the original in all cases but I think there are a few films that got a deserved remake and were remade pretty damn good. I don't think we need a remake of Friday the 13th but hey its hollywood if it could make money they'll make it. Its their job can you really blame them?

Nightmare on Elm Street is quite interesting to me, it sounds like the ultimate casting call to me. It'll be pretty cool to see where that flick takes us. All remakes are like that, it's sort of an adventure can they revive a long dead film?

i fear all of them i dont want to c any of them. remakes are holywoods way of making money when they cant find anything origional

sickf**k wrote:

One thing I realized about remakes, are that they aren't as bad as we all say they are. I'm not saying their better then the original in all cases but I think there are a few films that got a deserved remake and were remade pretty damn good. I don't think we need a remake of Friday the 13th but hey its hollywood if it could make money they'll make it. Its their job can you really blame them?

Nightmare on Elm Street is quite interesting to me, it sounds like the ultimate casting call to me. It'll be pretty cool to see where that flick takes us. All remakes are like that, it's sort of an adventure can they revive a long dead film?

I have to agree, they are not necessarily better but some of them are actually decent horror films. The NOES remake is the only one I'm iffy about after Halloween. But I really want to see how it turns out.

I'm not dreading any of them. I actually like most remakes.

Who forgot the A Tale of two sister remake that movie i am dreading1

i am looking forward to Friday 13th , The Birds and Piranha is 3D Which going awesome in 3D

This others are going  flop BIG TIME sad

I can (sorta) understand why they would remake most on your list... but Child's Play?

I don't get it. Must just be so's they can have the poor little Chinese kids make Chucky merch.

I'm actually in support of the Child's Play remake, if only for the fact that with all the sequels, there's nothing they can really do to screw up the franchise any more. They can only go up.

I am actually looking forward to The Wolfman.
The original was the first werewolf movie I ever saw, and I like Benicio DelToro.

The only thing scary about all these horror movie remakes
is.............that they are being remade in the first place.

Goddamn nostalgia buffs...

I'm not looking forward to Last House On The Left. I usually don't have a huge problem with remakes, but this remake has always kinda bothered me because there is no way they are going to be able to get the same feeling that people got from the original. It might also be the fact that in a huge fan of the original.

The inevitable remake of the exorcist....you know they will try it sooner or later.

Surv, please don't say that.

I'm just afraid of the inevitable day that they'll try to remake Magic.

Yes Child's Play they are remaking and going to make it "scary" again and also SGI it.
The Exorcist they will more than likely try and do sooner or later.
Magic wow I love that movie and maybe they won't try and touch it maybe but I said the same thing about Troll and they are doing that to.

I don't dread remakes because I usually end up watching them at some point in time. Thats when I decide if it was useless or not.  I'm tired of remakes as much as everybody is but there's not a hell of a lot we can do except don't go to a theater to watch it! But it sounds like there are exceptions to that rule, like the new My Bloody Valentine 3D which I won't be seeing in a theater anyways neutral

There's a couple I have an interest in though, The Wolf Man and Hellraiser. I couldn't give 2 shits about Child's Play at all.

From that list I gotta go with NIghtmare on Elm St. because I can't see a different actor playing Freddy besides Robert Englund.  A Tale of Two Sisters remake is the one I'm dreading most just because its one of my favorite Asian horror movies and I don't feel a remake is necessary.

I'm not completely against remakes though.  I'm going to go see the new Friday the 13th and am looking forward to the Hellraiser remake.  But remaking The Birds?  Seriously?  WTF are they thinking?

Last edited by mdc666 (2009-01-29 00:14:19)

Hellraiser and Nightmare On Elm Street.  Honestly, these are such recent movies it's too soon for them to be remade.  I have certain guidelines for a remake:  Either people forget about them or it's been a really long time and a lot of the actors are dead so it's remade out of respect.  Hellraiser just had a special edition DVD come out, so no one forgot about it.  Nightmare the same.  These actors, Bob Englund and Doug Bradley are IMMORTALIZED by these movies and are still capable of playing the parts, why the fuck remake them?  Texas Chain Saw became Texas Chainsaw out of respect as the remake was done respectfully and was good.  I'm hoping Friday the 13th will be good, too.

The only reason I say that I'm interested in Hellraiser is because I want as much as they can give me.... so it looks like thats the only way I'm gonna get any new Hellraiser from them tongue
I also buy Hellraiser fan films too...

Demon, I'm the same way with Texas Chainsaw/Halloween and Friday the 13th.  There is only one Halloween, one Texas and one Friday that suck.  All the rest are just because they're giving them to me.  I want it to keep on going until I'm old and dead.  Or one or the other....

mdc666 wrote:

A Tale of Two Sisters remake is the one I'm dreading most just because its one of my favorite Asian horror movies and I don't feel a remake is necessary.

great big dito on that

I'm sick of asian remakes, they are all the same in America.  It pisses me off.  So I will third that with a gigantic DITTO to that.

As much as I hate the idea of ANOES being remade, I went with Hellraiser.  I just think that film is sacred.

Hellraiser is our version of Gone With The Wind, it's just so classic, it shan't be touched