Re: What Upcoming Remake Are You Dreading?

The Uninvited.....no one should ever be allowed to remake A Tale of Two Sisters.  But they did, and they changed the title.....looks awful.  Im probably gonna see The Uninvited just so I can review it and tell everyone to STAY AWAY!

Hellraiser, F13TH and NOES are all i dreading but i voted for The Birds. Alfred Hitchcock has been one of my favorite directors and the Birds is one of mines fav. works of his. Why i pick the Birds, because Micheal Bay got his freakin damn hands on it. He already has Texas Chainsaw and Friday the 13th but The Birds, Hell NO.

I can't wait for The Uninvited to make no money at the box office so they stop remaking sweet asian horror films.  What ever happened to originality?

Gardenofstone,
Originality died when they got lazy

I went with Hellraiser but, other than The Wolf Man, I'm not really looking forward to any of them being remade, and I could've lived without that too but it looks like it might be good.

Last edited by jackalqueen (2009-01-30 05:10:11)

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:

Goddamn nostalgia buffs...

Please tell me that was not directed at me

originality died in the early 70s, but I can still be hopeful of change......afterall, we're running out of japanese films to remake properly, that means us Americans have to do something new....maybe like a Teletubby massacre

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

originality died in the early 70s, but I can still be hopeful of change......afterall, we're running out of japanese films to remake properly, that means us Americans have to do something new....maybe like a Teletubby massacre

Dude, have you even seen the Teletubby's, that show freaks me out with out them running around killing people.  I don't know if the world is ready for that kind of massacre.  However I could see it coming, I mean someone who is that happy all the time, they are bound to snap.

Candyman sad ~crying~ I love this film beyond all doubt I promise I will rip my eyes out before seeing this movie if they go ahead with a remake
Hellraiser
Nightmare on Elm St
The Last House on the Left sad I saw the trailer and my heart sank
The Birds < Hitchcock remains one of my favourite directors and this saddens me. The Psycho remake I never went near and why they are trying to decimate another great movie of his is beyond me.

If a director wants to remake them I don't mind I just choose not to see them.

Still waiting Hollywood when is some originality going to make its presence known?

Honestly think everyone on Horror Forums could come up with a great movie idea transferable into a movie so why can't Hollywood? Just wondering.

Last edited by Venomous Nightshade (2009-01-30 18:34:10)

a question that should be asked is there actually a remake a true horror fan is looking forward too? hmm

skfan wrote:

a question that should be asked is there actually a remake a true horror fan is looking forward too? hmm

Id say so.  Theres a bunch of movies I enjoy but would love to see remade because I think it could use it.

I decided to join this forum after seeing the trailer for the Friday The 13th remake.  I must admit that I've been seriously disappointed with the whole horror scene since the early 1990s.  I've felt that horror movies have gone way down hill since then and the recent cluster of remakes over the last few years has been nothing more thannan attempt to capitalize on making a quick buck with minimal effort.  Remakes have been made throughout the history of film, but I feel that older remakes were made for different reasons.  I really felt that the older remake's purpose was to pay respects toward an original while capturing a new audience.  Today everyone is jumping at the chance to remake yesterday's classic to grab a quick buck.  THere's just not much respect there.  It really bothers me.  It also bothers me that the Japanese have created some excellent films and some american directors decided that it would be a good idea to make americanized versions.  Kinda pitiful isn't it.  Where is the creativity? I have watched the recent remakes and have pointed out flaws in some of the films.  For instance, the Amityville horror took place in the 70s, but in the remake a chordless drill was used!  Obviously they didn't exist yet.  Anyway, Despite the fact that there is nothing I or anyone else can do about remakes I like to educate the younger generations to inform them that there are original films.  I like to encourage them to seek out these films and judge for themselves.  After all, they are the future of horror in this country.  Sorry for the long rant.

I HATE ALL REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The saying goes "If it's not broken, you shouldn't try to fix it"!

Last edited by morts vivants (2009-02-13 17:29:43)

I am not dreading any of these remakes as I think remakes are interesting to see for some films. Yes I might HATE a certain remake but it is still interesting to see them for the first time. The remakes I'm looking forward to are..

Friday the 13th
Child's Play
A Nightmare On Elm Street

I read somewhere that they were going to try and make Freddy a pedophile.  That sucks.

BigEvil wrote:

I read somewhere that they were going to try and make Freddy a pedophile.  That sucks.

Actually I kind of like that. If they could manage to do it only using the darker elements of that idea and none of the fear mongering that is often associated with it, I think that it would make Freddy a much more evil, realistic horror than just some nightmarish fantasy demon.

I loath remakes, as I have said before, but do look forward to a few.
I'm interested in seeing the Wolfman, I'm a big werewolf fan and feel that the sub genre is often overlooked or dumbed down.

I was reading an interesting article on remakes where they pointed out the cost saving benefits of remakes, basically it is a tried and tested film, it already has a fan base and as such, there is no real need for test audiences, heavy script rewrites, most pre production pissing about can be removed from the equation and advertising can be cut way back.
You throw together a good script with minor changes, toss the actors together in a room an dump it in the cinemas, with lower production costs, you will most likely make your mone back, if not right away, then at least in the dvd rental/sales.
Plus with Horror fans being such forgiving audiences who will watch anything on the off chance that it has a new way of killing someone (see the ever growing list of 100 films not to see) for the most part horror films are sure fire ways of making money anyway.

All of them lol I am reasonable but stubborn. The only times I really watch said remakes is when I never had a love for the original. But in the case of the these I loved the original and I don't want my tender mind to be marred by memories of the new version. So all of them in general, shame there wasn't a vote button for that tongue

hellraiser is one of my favourites so the idea of that being remade kinda makes me go sad

also, the birds... seriously... why!? it's such a classic! >.<

nightmare on elm street is another favourite series of mine. i'd rather it not be remade, but i dunno, it could be okay, but i really doubt it.

Escape From New York (I refuse to watch it)
The Birds (ditto)

I had this huge rant that I had written, but then realized, like many things in life, saying it won't mean shit. Hollywood will create it, and we'll watch it, despite our groaning and our emphasis on not wanting to, we will, if only for the reason to see our classic movie butchered.

Hollywood has no more talent, if it did, then this poll wouldn't have been created. Instead of fixing what they start, they say, oh well, and start from scratch. It takes talent to fix, less talent to redo. I love the ALIEN saga that they have created, and would never ask them to make a new one. But I'm sure, somewhere out there, there is someone holding onto a new script for this movie franchise, waiting for their moment to bring it to light...

Thats why my is to NOT support these films with my hard earned dollars.

now i know this site does not condone bootlegging or piracy, and i respect that, but i personally feel that in the case of these damn remakes, it is the best way to cripple the remake machine.

if  they loose enough money and it will eventually learn.

but you should of course pay real money to see GOOD movies in the theaters of course.

Agreed SURVIVALIST. Piracy is illegal and cannot be condoned by this site...that is why, feel free to send me a copy at...:)

I voted for "Other" as I'm dreading to see what Darren Lynn Bousman does to Cronenberg's opus "Scanners."

Now, mind you, I originally thought it was slated for a March '09 release, and lo and behold, past the midway mark and still no news, let alone a trailer...  Could this project be dead?! 

When the master Cronenberg, when interviewed about his thoughts on Scanners being next to be remade, says while looking visibly irked and upset: "I wish they would leave my work alone," to me that sends a very clear and loud message...  You wouldn't remake a Lynch, why touch Cronenberg?!?! 

As for the others, like F13, Child's play, etc..., I may rent them at best as i'm not expecting much at all.

Fucking with Clive makes me wanna fuck with them.

NO HELLRAISER/CANDYMAN REMAKE!!!

After re watching Hellraiser, I'm a bit concerned with it being remade. I think my main gripe would be all the CGI that would be used for Frank, and most likely the box. There is no way they would make a mechanical box that actually work. If they did that i might forgive them for shit CGI in the rest of the film.