Topic: Laurie Strode is Cast In Halloween

Finally it comes down to probably the most important casting choice for the film, Laurie Strode. Now I thought Rob would cast someone who is relatively well known within the horror genre but he did the exact opposite and cast a pretty much fresh face...

Read More : Laurie Strode is Cast In Halloween

Re: Laurie Strode is Cast In Halloween

I haven't seen Wicked Little Things. Is she any good?

BTW. I thought it was a great idea from Rob to cast an virtually unknown actress.

Scout Taylor-Compton is a little cutie, very innocent looking.

Yeah, she's pretty young (17) and must have some descent acting skills if she was chosen for this roll.... I hope

Yeah, Rob chose Sherri Moon too....

The thing is about Scout, even though she has been in films like Sleepover and other light fare, just last year she died her black (Willow season 6 style) and ran away from her parents and shacked up with a guy for about 2 weeks until authorities tracked her down. She caused a huge outcry in Hollywood while police and the L.A. community looked for her.
She has a crazy dark side that she has never revealed behind that cute face of hers in a movie. Rob just might make her as crazy as Michael is, in some ways.
Raise your glass to this reimagining. smile

I was waiting for this news to hit.  Finally, I got my wish.  She obviously isn't going to be any Jamie Lee Curtis, but I think she can pull it off.  Let's hope for the best.