Topic: Splinter DVD Delayed Without a Murmur!

So the other day we posted that Splinter was new on DVD since its release date was January 27th. Imagine my surprise when a reader wrote in to point out that Magnet actually delayed its release without bothering to tell anybody. The film will instead...

Read More : Splinter DVD Delayed Without a Murmur!

Re: Splinter DVD Delayed Without a Murmur!

The way the company's acting anybody would think they didn't want to make money selling movies hmm

I'm really looking forward to owning this one.  I don't understand the delay either.  As for the no promotion thing, the movie still has a lot of buzz even without it.  A little advertising and I think this one would be an even bigger sell.

you nailed it 5thdroog and thats my point. The film has fantastic buzz and the studio is making NO EFFORT to capitalize on promoting a movie that could make them alot of money.

That would explain A) Why I couldnt find it in stores.  and B ) Why Netflix didnt list it as released and available for rental.

I'm curious to see it, the trailer looked interesting.

I was prepared for this after searching many stores online to see if they were getting it in and they weren't so oh well. I even looked it up on the HMV computers and nothing, now I know why. I still wouldn't be surprised if Canada didn't get it until a week or two latert han April 14th.

Yeah, I tried to order a copy off Amazon yesterday and it was only available as a pre-order.  I was like, WTF?

Hey guys, thanks for the support.

I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating, but the good news is that pushing the release date back a little has given us the time to add a ton of extra content to the DVD, including two commentary tracks we recorded last week, and also to do a Blu-Ray release, which I was personally very pleased to get.
So I hope you agree that the extended wait comes with at least a little bit of a silver lining.

And, in addition to the on-going "On Demand" availability, there will be some chances to see the film before the DVD release. SciFi channel will be showing "Splinter" in HD a couple of times over the weekend of Feb 14th, including back to back with "Dog Soldiers" on Valentine's night. A fun, romantic double bill for creature feature fans if ever there was one.

Again, all this is made possible by the great buzz that has been put out there by fans, and we really appreciate it.

Awesome, a DVD is always incomplete when it doesn't have a commentary.

I am so pissed off about this.  But now I have something to look forward to in April.

Splinter wrote:

I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating, but the good news is that pushing the release date back a little has given us the time to add a ton of extra content to the DVD, including two commentary tracks we recorded last week, and also to do a Blu-Ray release, which I was personally very pleased to get.
So I hope you agree that the extended wait comes with at least a little bit of a silver lining.

And, in addition to the on-going "On Demand" availability, there will be some chances to see the film before the DVD release. SciFi channel will be showing "Splinter" in HD a couple of times over the weekend of Feb 14th, including back to back with "Dog Soldiers" on Valentine's night. A fun, romantic double bill for creature feature fans if ever there was one.

Again, all this is made possible by the great buzz that has been put out there by fans, and we really appreciate it.

Oh...FREAKIN AWESOME! I will so be buying this on Blu-Ray. Why does April 14th have to be so far? WHY? I don't even get the Sci-Fi channel sad
But This will make it worth the longer wait.

I am thedeadshallrule and I approve of this film...well worth the wait cool

I wrote a review but it got chewed up in the process, so I deleted it and have to write another when I get off my lazy a@#. This is a buy it and love it film. Trust me. big_smile

TDSR is absolutely right. This film is definately worth the wait. One of the best creature features to come out in quite awhile.

Last edited by Bloodwave DVD (2009-01-30 01:38:07)

Stop making me more excited guys! Haha. Toby, you are awesome! I actually can't wait for The Grudge 3 either, especially after I heard you made it...assuming you ever see this message! haha

I was going to mention that it will be on the Sci-fi channel 2/14-2/15, hope that doesn't hinder sales for you "Splinter". I for one would probably buy it "blind" (considering the reviews) but now think I'll watch it on tv first to see if I really like it that much or not to purchase it. Looking forward to it in any event!

JoeTerror wrote:

I was going to mention that it will be on the Sci-fi channel 2/14-2/15, hope that doesn't hinder sales for you "Splinter". I for one would probably buy it "blind" (considering the reviews) but now think I'll watch it on tv first to see if I really like it that much or not to purchase it. Looking forward to it in any event!

I cant watch anything on cable TV first and then decide to buy it.  At least not with a film like this.  Cant deal with the commercial interruptions and content being edited out.

I don't think seeing it on Sci-Fi is going to keep people from wanting this.  If anything it will give more reason to get the DVD when it comes out to see what didn't make cable.  A very fun movie.

I do agree with you though jmh.  I'm more the type to wait and see it without the interruptions and with all the good stuff left in.

Splinter wrote:

thx for the info Toby ! I will def pick this one up on blu-ray !! Keep up the great work man !!!

Splinter wrote:

Thank you Splinter for making my day. Already marked my calendar for Feb 14th! big_smile

I am akin to admit that I have been very curious about this film since it reared its head. Wasn't sure if it would be worth it or not but given that almost everyone online has said it is brilliant ~well in that arena~ I definitely want to see this now!! big_smile

Kudos to you Splinter and thanks guys for directing me in the direction of this movie. Cannot wait to see it now! big_smile

smilebig_smile:)

Only one slight problem there venom. It's on Scifi US, all we get is The people under the stairs sad