Topic: Resident Evil 4 Starts Casting?

We have received unconfirmed word that Resident Evil 4 is now casting or in the process of casting for Resident Evil 4. I am not able to find any confirmation online for this rumor but needless to say it does make sense.
Earlier we told you that Res...

Read More : Resident Evil 4 Starts Casting?

Re: Resident Evil 4 Starts Casting?

Looking forward to this coming out, for no-brain fun, it rocks as a film tril so cannot wait for the 4th one big_smile

The only stipulation I have with regards to the casting is that cutie, Milla Jovovich, is still in it otherwise I won't be a happy bunny big_smile smile

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp195/venomousnightshade/MillaJovovich-1.jpg

This franchise needs a FN reboot in the worst way... being a huge fan of all the games I can comfortably say that the movies capture none of the creepiness that make the RE games the vest in the business......Just follow the story to the letter of RE1 or RE2, RE4 even, but DO NOT bring back Alice........that story is old and stale and wasn't very good to begin with.

Get one of these great European Directors on board too, the problem is the games always had a foreign ( or non US ) feel to them, very cinematic to themselves, the lighting, the sounds, the story.

In comes Hollywood and destroys everything that made it a good game.

I would like to see it be made, first hand, they better scout for actors in Canada...come here!! Well you know, if there is a role for an 18 year old guy then come here. big_smile

Otherwise, I just want to see the movie kick some ass like the last ones. I never really played the games so I like the movies.

They should break away from the whole Alice bit, and move more towards the RESIDENT EVIL 4 plotline. Rebuild America, have a new character, similiar to Leon Kennedy, working for the new US and scouting out potential Umbrella hotspots. It would be a new way to bring in new audience whille keeping the old one, AND bring in the fanboys from the games who didn't go to the theatres since it had nothing to do with the games.

I'm going to pretend that you didn't actually just advocate a film adaptation of the heresy that was Resident Evil 4.

We really just need to see an adaptation for RE2, which in my opinion is by far the best game.

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:

I'm going to pretend that you didn't actually just advocate a film adaptation of the heresy that was Resident Evil 4.

Ok, so not everyone liked Resident Evil 4, but I'm not saying to necessarily make a film adaptation of it. Just consider what Resident Evil 4 represented: Change of camera angle while fighting and that zombies were not as important as was the human perspective took priority in the terror. Granted, I didn't like RE 4 that much, but the RESIDENT EVIL movies needs a new star, a new jumping on point, and RE4 represents what it should be.

Me...I want Jill Valentine to have survived from the 2nd movie, longer hair, same skirt and two-gun attitude, and take the place of Leon Kennedy.

My main problem with RE4 was the decided lack of zombies. And while the movies were entertaining, and Milla is nice to look at, I would have preferred canon-based movies. I honestly think that RE2 would be the best specimen for a movie.

However, I would settle for a movie based off one of the non-canon books.

I agree...except thanks to the three RE movies, it looks like the US is covered in sand and corrupt conglomerates. Wait, that sounds like reality smile

If they want to do anything right, go the Japanese route: fuck the US movies, and make a CGI movie that is linked to the games.

I'm kind of iffy about CGI movies. I would be too irritated at the fact that I couldn't manipulate the characters with my remote.

Oh, no, no, no, forgive me, no, not CGI. Last thing America needs is a CGI movie made by Dreamworks. Crap, Nemesis would look similiar to shrek smile

No, with DEGENERATION, they didn't throw Alice in their, they used Claire & Leon from the games. Maybe the US should do the same. Forget that Alice existed and make something new, a sequel to DEGENERATION.

I think they need to rock a film version of Caliban Cove

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:

I think they need to rock a film version of Caliban Cove

Simply put: YES!!!

But...this is hollywood, they won't backtrack. Caliban Cove took place after RE1, and they will have to find a way to introduce Rebecca Chambers. The books by S D Perry were all great...but if they REALLY want to do something original, shoot for RE 0, introduce Rebecca Chambers there, THEN do Caliban Cove. So, yes, your idea would work...:D

Well, all I know is Mila must be in it.

Ace, I like Milla just as much as the next guy, but Alice was a gimmick character and quickly outlived her usefulness.

who cares if she was the gimmick tongue, I just want something sweet to look at big_smile

>sorry but I do like Milla Jovovich big_smile

And people wonder why the horror industry is in its death throes.

I'm pretty close to not caring anymore. The Resident Evil 4 film should go straight-to-DVD in some kwik-e-mart bargain bin, because it'll just be more of the same mindless action bullshit.

So long to the creepy atmosphere of the games, the suspense- the RE films are all about stupid one-liners, guns blazing and martial arts. Ridiculous.

I'll agree with you on the second and third films, but I enjoyed the first one. At the very least, the first have carried the atmosphere of the games.