Topic: Name of old arcade game machine!

Hey everyone i need help naming an old arcade game machine that i used to play alot while i was in Japan when in was 10 years old in the early 1990's. I only seen it as a arcade machine though.

Heres some game it's similar to Final Fight, Streets of Rage and Double Dragon. Its a 2d scrolling screen game and can be played with two players.

Here are some things i remember.

You can shoot a gun when you kill one of the enemies.
There are enemies that are dressed as sterotype homosexuals with the leather and chains and hat that can hurt you by humping you. I AM NOT KIDDING about this part. That is actually in the game.
Now in each stage theres a final boss as usual and most of them is knockoffs of horror movie icons like Jason, Freddy Kruger, Leatherface and many other horror icons. This is what i remember mostly about the game and was one of the most played games when i hang out in the game room area in Japan. I've never seen it since anywhere since i moved to the US when i was 12 years old.
I have a feeling maybe it was banned or taken downed because of similar horror icons they used and end up getting sued or something. But till this day i still cant remember the name to this game and wonder if anyone else played this or know the name. And also if anyone know what ever happened to it.

Thanks everyone.

Re: Name of old arcade game machine!

Could it be Crimefighters?
There's a screen shot here
http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=crime- … amp;id=534

Last edited by Cap Howdy (2009-02-06 16:41:41)

It is crimefighters aka vendetta. or part 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendetta_(video_game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKDIXDDRMqw

The only one that I can think of is Night Slashers

lol all I played was pinball and Phoniex and drunk skeeball lol

YES smile thanks Macho and Surv. and for the video link. Watching that bring back fun memories. lol I didn't know they made a second one as well. I wonder if i can get my hands on that game again.

Thanks again Guys, i didn't think anyone played or heard of this game. smile

lol I just watched the ^^ game on youtube, ~still laughing~, brings an whole new meaning to the term f**ked over big_smile

smile

Yeah its pretty sick, i remember playing the american version i think, they all kind of looked the same really.

in the non japanese versions they took out the gay guys and the s&m characters.

severen wrote:

. I wonder if i can get my hands on that game again.

I googled and found it for you big_smile
As for getting your hands on it? hmmmm hmm

Maybe it'll be too much work for you but .......
research "mame" and "ROMS then look  here
I think that's the only way you're gonna get the game.

Severn looked as much over the net as I could for the game to buy sad unfortunately I couldn't find a site selling it, well except for E-Bay. smile I'll keep looking big_smile

x

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:
severen wrote:

. I wonder if i can get my hands on that game again.

I googled and found it for you big_smile
As for getting your hands on it? hmmmm hmm

Maybe it'll be too much work for you but .......
research "mame" and "ROMS then look  here
I think that's the only way you're gonna get the game.

Thanks for helping me out more, sucks i have to go through all this just to play a game from my childhood. But i've gone this far so i'll give it a try.  Thanks again Macho smile

Yeah!! I remember the US version of this game too, I thought it was pretty cool the couple times I played it. I think it ended up getting replaced with a Simpsons based fighting game, which was out-freakin-standing!