Topic: The Thief Of Always by Clive Barker 2010

I am reading The Thief Of Always right now, and I am very impressed. Thinking why didn't they make a movie of it? Well a little research and I found that the movie IS being made. It is in pre-production slated for 2010, to be written and directed by Kelly Asbury! big_smile

Re: The Thief Of Always by Clive Barker 2010

Dude, I can't get enough of Clive Barker.  MMT was awesome and all the Hellraiser stuff going around has me happier than a kid in a candy store!!!!

i really wanna get into some Barker, but my library only has a few of his books.

I haven't read this Barker novel yet but will make sure to, the book of his that I would love to see go from novel to movie transition is Weaveworld. Not exactly pure horror but still an absolutely mesmerising book that could, in potentially the right hands, be an even more excellent film big_smile

ChainSaW80 wrote:

i really wanna get into some Barker, but my library only has a few of his books.

then go to amazon and buy these, they are worth it:

the great and secret show

everville (the sequel)

imajica

cabal (nightbreed)

weaveword

thief of always (which ive been dying to see animated as we have been promised for years)

those are just a few good ones to dive into.

Clive Barker is a master of the dark domain - his twisted imagery is totally unique and spellbinding. Weaveworld, Imagica, The Great and Secret Show, and Everville are alla part of the "Art" series. Buy them, own them, love them.